Crystal Cruises marks its return to Alaska after three years with a series of 7- to 11-night voyages in summer 2022 aboard Crystal Serenity with nearly 100 different Destination Discoveries ashore.
Round-trip and one-way voyages will operate from Anchorage (Whittier), Alaska; and Vancouver, Canada, offering endless opportunities for guests to view massive glaciers, fjords and rainforests, as well as orcas, eagles, sea lions, humpback whales and other marine and animal life. On these itineraries, guests will get to enjoy explorations of Native American traditions and visits to rustic, Gold Rush-era towns to hands-on culinary-themed activities and whale-watching, flightseeing and kayaking adventures, and artic lake snorkeling expeditions.
“A Crystal Alaska cruise is like no other, offering the only seagoing vacation that combines up close and personal looks at awe-inspiring scenery and wildlife with the incredible six-star service and an array of onboard amenities that have earned us a reputation as the leader in luxury cruising,” said Jack Anderson, Crystal president, in a press statement. “It’s so wonderful to welcome our guests back to Alaska to experience this incredible cruising region like only Crystal can.” Anderson noted that Crystal’s Alaska sailings will be exclusive to 2022 as the line does not have any voyages to the region scheduled beyond next year.
Crystal Serenity’s 2022 Alaska program is designed to maximize guests’ enjoyment of the region, with intimate experiences that allow for more in-depth encounters ashore, and varied cruise durations that take place in the optimal late June to August season, which offers the longest daylight hours for scenic cruising. Guests experience all the outdoor adventures ashore, then return to their Crystal home at sea to relax and enjoy the comfort and luxury of the Crystal Serenity.
A team of onboard experts are on hand to help guests maximize their Alaska vacation, providing valuable insight into the region’s incredible marine and animal life, majestic landscapes, and interesting history gleaned from years of living and working in the region.
Guest lecturers include Kurt Dunbar, a longtime Alaska resident who has shared his vast knowledge for the past 20 years both to cruise guests as well as university students. Sample lectures will include “Fire and Ice: The Geology of Alaska,” focusing primarily on glaciers; “Fur and Feathers” highlighting native land mammals and birds; “Warm Blood in the Cold Seas,” a look at the region’s fascinating whale population; and “The First Alaskans,” an overview of the native cultures of the Northland.
A favorite guest on Crystal’s popular “Storytellers” podcast series, Rob Caskie will share his personal Alaska experiences with memorable conversations such as “The Renowned Alaska/Canada Highway,” an epic tale of human endeavor linking the continental U.S. with Alaska and Russia across the Bering Strait; “Native People of the Bering Region and Bering Sea History,” an examination at the first people’s fascinating history and the sea they call home; and “Emblematic Wildlife,” detailing the region’s magnificent and varied creatures. Caskie’s “Storytellers” podcast is available here.
Crystal Serenity’s 2022 Alaska season encompasses series of five high-season voyages of 7- or 11-nights that run from June 23 to Aug. 1, including:
- 7-night Vancouver to Anchorage sailing June 23-30, 2022: The Alaskan Wonders voyage featuring the Inside Passage, Seymour Narrows, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Hoonah, and Hubbard Glacier
- 7-night Anchorage to Vancouver sailing: The Gold and Glaciers voyage visiting Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Cruising the Inside Passage, and Sailing Seymour Narrows
- 11-night round-trip Vancouver sailing July 7-18, 2022: The Fascinating Frontiers sailing featuring cruising the Inside Passage, Seymour Narrows, Ketchikan, Juneau, Hoonah, cruising Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, Prince Rupert (British Colombia), cruising the Outside Passage
- 7-night round-trip Vancouver sailing July 18-25, 2022: The Treetops & Totems cruise featuring Seymour Narrows, cruising Queen Charlotte Sound, Juneau, Sitka, cruising Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm, Ketchikan and cruising the Inside Passage
- 7-night from Vancouver to Anchorage sailing July 25-August 1, 2022: The Glacial Grandeur voyage featuring cruising Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, and cruising the Inside Passage
For more information, visit crystalcruises.com.
For more cruise news and updates, click here.