Worth International Media Group
UPDATED AND REVISED AS OF May 18, 2018
Data Controller. The data controller is Worth International Media Group, 5979 NW 151st Street, Suite 120, Miami Lakes, FL 33014, USA (“WIMG”). Where a registration form is presented on this website, the data controller/processor may vary depending on the actual offering or the purpose of the data collection, but it is in any case displayed on the individual registration form’s privacy statement. The WIMG data protection officer is Gary Herman, EVP, email@example.com.
When does this Privacy Statement apply? This Privacy Statement applies to Personal Data that you provide to WIMG or which is derived from the Personal Data as outlined below. The use of and any information that is gathered by cookies or other web technologies is subject to the disclosures and options provided, which can be found in this document and on the relevant website or online communication.
Duration of processing of Personal Data. Where WIMG is processing and using your Personal Data as permitted by law or under your consent, WIMG will store your Personal Data (i) only for as long as is required to fulfil the purposes set out below or (ii) until you object to WIMG’s use of your Personal Data (where WIMG has a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data), or (iii) until you withdraw your consent (where you consented to WIMG using your Personal Data). However, where WIMG is required by mandatory law to retain your Personal Data longer or where your Personal Data is required for WIMG to assert or defend against legal claims, WIMG will retain your Personal Data until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
Why am I required to provide Personal Data? As a general principle, your granting of any consent and your provision of any Personal Data hereunder is entirely voluntary; there are generally no detrimental effects on you if you choose not to consent or to provide Personal Data. However, there are circumstances in which WIMG cannot take action without certain Personal Data, for example because this Personal Data is required to process your subscription or provide you with access to a web offering or newsletter. In these cases, it will unfortunately not be possible for WIMG to provide you with what you request without the relevant Personal Data.
Where will my Personal Data be processed? WIMG processes data primarily through its own facilities, vendor affiliates and third-party service providers within the authority of the Unites States but may from time to time utilize data processors within as well as outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). Consequently, whenever WIMG is using or otherwise processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, WIMG may transfer your Personal Data to countries outside of the EEA including to such countries in which a statutory level of data protection applies that is not comparable to the level of data protection within the EEA. Whenever such transfer occurs, it is based on the Standard Contractual Clauses (according to EU Commission Decision 87/2010/EC or any future replacement) to contractually provide that your Personal Data is subject to a level of data protection that applies within the EEA.
Data subjects’ rights. You can request from WIMG at any time information about which Personal Data WIMG processes about you and the correction or deletion of such Personal Data. Please note, however, that WIMG can delete your Personal Data only if there is no statutory obligation or prevailing right of WIMG to retain it. Kindly note that if you request that WIMG delete your Personal Data, you will not be able to continue to use any WIMG service that requires WIMG’s use of your Personal Data.
Furthermore, you can request from WIMG that WIMG restricts your Personal Data from any further processing in any of the following events: (i) you state that the Personal Data WIMG has about you is incorrect, (but only for as long as WIMG requires to check the accuracy of the relevant Personal Data), (ii) there is no legal basis for WIMG processing your Personal Data and you demand that WIMG restricts your Personal Data from further processing, (iii) WIMG no longer requires your Personal Data but you claim that you require WIMG to retain such data in order to claim or exercise legal rights or to defend against third party claims or (iv) in case you object to the processing of your Personal Data by WIMG (based on WIMG’s legitimate interest) for as long as it is required to review as to whether WIMG has a prevailing interest or legal obligation in processing your Personal Data. Please direct any such request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to lodge a complaint. If you believe that WIMG is not processing your Personal Data in accordance with the requirements set out herein or applicable EEA data protection laws, you can at any time lodge a complaint with the data protection authority of the EEA country in which you live or with the data protection authority of the country or state in which WIMG has its registered seat.
Links to other websites. This website may contain links to foreign (meaning non-WIMG Group companies or entities) websites. WIMG is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites outside the WIMG Group of websites or newsletters. Therefore, we recommend that you carefully read the privacy statements of such foreign sites.
WIMG’s legitimate interest. Each of the statements below constitutes a legitimate interest of WIMG to process or use your Personal Data. If you do not agree with this approach, you may object against WIMG’s processing or use of your Personal Data as set out below.
- Questionnaires and surveys. WIMG may invite you to participate in questionnaires and surveys. These questionnaires and surveys will be generally designed in a way that they can be answered without any Personal Data. If you nonetheless enter Personal Data in a questionnaire or survey, WIMG may use such Personal Data to improve its products and services.
- Creation of anonymized data sets. WIMG may anonymize Personal Data provided under this Privacy Statement to create anonymized data sets, which will then be used to improve its and its affiliates’ products and services.
- Recording of calls and chats for quality improvement and audit purposes. In case of telephone calls or chat sessions, WIMG may record such calls (after informing you accordingly during that call and before the recording starts) or chat sessions in order to improve the quality of WIMG’s services or to provide our subscription auditors with proof of subscription requests.
- In order to keep you up-to-date/request feedback. Within an existing business relationship between you and WIMG, WIMG may inform you, where permitted in accordance with local laws, about its products or services (including webinars, seminars or events) which are similar or relate to such products and services you have already used from WIMG. Furthermore, where you have attended a webinar, seminar or event of WIMG or purchased or used products or services from WIMG, WIMG may contact you for feedback regarding the improvement of the relevant webinar, seminar, event, product or service.
Right to object. You may object to WIMG using Personal Data for the above purposes at any time by emailing to email@example.com. If you do so, WIMG will cease using your Personal Data for the above purposes (that is to say, under a legitimate interest set out above) and remove it from its systems unless WIMG is permitted to use such Personal Data for another purpose set out in this Privacy Statement or WIMG determines and demonstrates a compelling legitimate interest to continue processing your Personal Data.
How We Collect Information. WIMG collects personal information in a variety of ways, including when you register with WIMG on our websites or through initial interactions via our email communications, when you subscribe to WIMG services through our websites, when you use WIMG products or services via the websites, when you visit WIMG websites or the websites of certain WIMG partners, and when you enter Internet-based promotions or sweepstakes sponsored or administered by WIMG.
User Registration. When you register on our websites, we ask for and collect information such as your name, email address, zip code, occupation, industry as well as other pertinent information. For some products and services we may also ask for your address and information about you and/or your business’s activities. Once you register with WIMG and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
Email Broadcasts. Users may elect to participate in a variety of WIMG email broadcasts, ranging from daily news to supplier hot deals. WIMG collects personal information in connection with the registration for and use of such services.
Contests. Users may elect to participate in promotions and/or promotional contests that WIMG conducts from time to time on behalf of its clients. WIMG collects personal information in connection with user registration for and participation in such promotions and contests.
Educational Programs. Users may elect to participate in educational programs such as Seminars, Webinars, etc. that WIMG conducts from time to time. WIMG collects personal information in connection with user registration for and participation in such programs.
Events. Users may elect to participate in events that WIMG conducts from time to time. WIMG collects personal information in connection with user registration for and participation in such programs.
Event profiling. If you register for an event, seminar, or webinar of WIMG, WIMG may share basic participant information (your name, company, and email address) with other participants of the same event, seminar, or webinar including sponsors of the event for the purpose of communication, exchange of ideas and lead generation.
IP Addresses. WIMG automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, WIMG cookie information, and the website page you request. WIMG uses this information to help diagnose problems with our servers, for system administration, and to examine our website traffic in aggregate. The information may be collected and used to improve the content of our Web pages and to customize content and/or layout for each user.
Purchases. If you are purchasing something from a WIMG website, we need to know personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, mailing address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status. This information may also be used by WIMG to notify you of related products and services. Credit card information will not be shared or sold to unaffiliated third parties for any purpose without your express permission, except as necessary to process the transaction. Credit Card specific information is NOT stored on any WIMG controlled online databases.
Use of Information. If you elect to provide us personal information, we use it primarily to deliver the service you requested. WIMG may use personal information in a variety of ways including the following:
- WIMG may use personal information collected through its websites to send out targeted email promotions on behalf of its advertisers and industry partners.
- WIMG may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies in order to better deliver products and services that may be of interest and benefit to you.
- WIMG may use personal information to contact users regarding renewing subscriptions to WIMG services and products.
- WIMG may use personally identifiable information to send notification of WIMG’s or our partners’ products and services by such methods as email and/or postal mail.
- If you provide financial information, we use that information primarily to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, subscriptions, etc.
- WIMG may send product announcements or special edition e-letters to online registrants.
- If you participate in a WIMG educational program, virtual tradeshow, or other time-sensitive program, we may contact you to remind you of upcoming deadlines or additional information concerning these programs.
- WIMG occasionally conducts subscriber and/or user surveys to better target our content to our audiences. The aggregated information collected is sometimes shared with our advertisers; however, we will do not share specific individual information with a third-party.
- WIMG operates several websites featuring its travel-related content and services. WIMG may share personal information collected from users of its websites internally across these websites to better serve its users.
- WIMG offers lead generation opportunities to its travel industry partners. These opportunities may become available when you complete an education course or other online programs. WIMG may externally share contact information (which includes street addresses, phones numbers and email addresses) collected from users of its websites/lead generation programs. Users of these products may opt-out of sharing contact information in our lead generation program at any time through the website’s user dashboard or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WIMG has numerous products and services and therefore numerous email and promotion lists. In an effort to allow users to tailor their participation in WIMG services and promotions, WIMG provides users the ability to choose specific lists or products of interest or to be removed from participating in these lists. All email promotions sent from WIMG provide an opt-out link at the bottom of the email pursuant to which users can opt-out of specific products and promotions. If you receive one of these emails and wish to unsubscribe please follow the instructions given in each email or contact email@example.com.
Sharing of Information Collected with Third Parties. In general, WIMG does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may provide personal information about our users to trusted partners and vendors who work on behalf of, or with WIMG under confidentiality and similar agreements prohibiting such parties’ further use of the information. These companies may use your personal information to help WIMG communicate with you about offers from WIMG and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to use or share this information.
- When you register for an educational program, contest, event, webinar, or other promotion that is sponsored by a third party, the third party will be provided personally identifiable information unless otherwise posted in connection with the promotion. The third party may contact you in regard to current or future educational opportunities, contests, events or promotions.
- WIMG may offer white-labeled products to its third-party partners that may include contact information of users of its websites/education programs/lead generation programs. The products are solely offered to third-party partners as a way to help travel professionals generate more leads. Users may universally opt out of these programs through the WIMG website’s user dashboard or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WIMG may from time to time share personal information such as email addresses with trusted third parties who deliver content that is likely to be of interest to the user and subject to opt-out obligation on the part of such third party.
- We may share personal information where we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on WIMG, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If WIMG is acquired by or merged with another company, we will transfer information about you to this other company in connection with the acquisition or merger.
Forums/Chats/Blogs. Discussion groups are available for our users on our websites. Participants should be aware that information disclosed in these discussion lists is made available to all members and thus becomes public information. We suggest that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal identifiable information in such discussion groups. WIMG is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
Users may elect to participate in user forums to exchange information relevant to and of interest to Users of the website. To participate in the forums, users will be required to submit information such as a public username, identifying picture or image, areas of expertise, biographical information, and other similar personally identifying information. Your forum username, number of posts, date and time of your post, areas of expertise, and uploaded picture or image will be publicly available to Users of our websites. In addition, and other information designated by you in the registration process for public display will also be available to any User of our websites.
Security. WIMG websites take commercially reasonable precautions to protect your personal information. When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as credit card and payment information, we re-direct users to industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted servers. As a result, sensitive data you submit to our websites such as credit card and payment information is transmitted securely over the Internet.
Disclaimers. WIMG is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information as allowed by law. WIMG also links to a wide variety of other sites and contains advertisements of third parties. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users.
Children & Privacy. Our websites are general audience websites and are not directed to children under the age of 13. We will never knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide us with personally identifiable information of any kind whatsoever. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 13 and has submitted Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable information from our files.
Update/Change Your Data
To update your email address or change your email preferences please contact email@example.com.
What Else Should I Know About My Privacy When Online?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example through email, discussion lists, or elsewhere – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
Our Site(s) are intended for use on a business-to-business basis, this provision of California law will not apply, in most cases, to the information collected.
California residents who utilize this Site(s) for personal, family, or household purposes may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing Gary@worthit.com. You should put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address.
Limitations on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WIMG OR ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, LICENSEES OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SITES OR ITS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITES, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OR PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE SITE). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF WIMG OR ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Your Consent to This Policy
Worth International Media Group
Attn: Gary Herman, EVP
PO Box 171070
Hialeah, FL 33017