Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, which recently completed a property-wide renovation in May, has opened the Tierra Luna Spa. The new spa features 12 treatment rooms and curated therapies inspired by the surrounding Sonoran Desert. From innovative treatments, such as the Float Dream Massage and Lucid Awakening, to offerings including an Alchemy Mud & Crystal Body Treatment featuring an onsite astrologist.
“The debut of Tierra Luna Spa marks another exciting milestone in our landmark transformation,” said Abby Murtagh, general manager, Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, in a press statement. “Our resort is known as an ideal place to relax, unwind and rejuvenate, and every detail of the spa was considered to deliver an unmatched, modern wellness experience that celebrates our majestic desert setting.”
“From the Luminous Quartz Cryo and Thermal Facial to the Circadian Bath Ritual, each personalized Tierra Luna Spatreatment allows you to immerse yourself in a tranquil and transcendent desert experience. Our ingredients are sourced from the surrounding desert and each treatment is customized to meet the needs of each guest,” said Becky Leuluai, spa director, Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, in press materials. “We have curated a menu with the intent to leave your spirit feeling completely uplifted.”
Incorporating a holistic approach, the treatment menu at Tierra Luna Spa reflects the core pillars of Desert Botanicals, Cosmic Connection, and Dynamic Recovery. Indigenous mud, desert herbs, and native scents are used throughout the spa menu to pay tribute to the resort’s desert surroundings. The menu consists of Signature Massage + Body Experiences, Skin Care, Soaking Experiences, Cosmic Experiences, and Finishing Touches. Guests may experience treatments a la carte or book a special Journey or Ritual package inclusive of multiple treatments for a fully immersive spa experience, plus each therapy is customized to the guest’s needs.
While the menu will evolve, some therapies include:
- Chakra & Sound Massage (Signature Massage + Body Experiences):A full body, aromatic massage with seven essential oil blends that have been accustomed to each of the seven chakras’ vibrational energies, and incorporate the sound of ‘ohm,’ which vibrates at the same frequency found throughout everything in nature to release tension, alleviate muscular aches and pains and increase energy levels.
- Luminous Quartz Cryo & Thermal Facial (Skin Care): Linked to the heart chakra and commonly referred to as the ‘love stone,’ the Rose Quartz crystalline energy promotes a sense of compassion, love, and peace. Coupled with the spa’s lymphatic drainage massage, a cyclical balance of warm and cool cryotherapy tools and signature desert extracts tone and detoxify the skin for ultimate rejuvenation.
- Circadian Bath Ritual (Soaking Experiences): A magnesium soak before bed will put the whole body into a state of relaxation, helping cells manage the cycle of day and night and relieving aching muscles.
- Astrology Reading (Cosmic Experiences): Detailed explanation of individual’s natal birth chart, delving into personality, personal strengths and challenges, family, career, health, and relationships before looking at how the planets in the sky are influencing the chart now, and into the future.
- Alchemy Mud & Crystal Wrap (Signature Rituals): Uses Indigenous mud to detoxify and soften skin, improve circulation and generally ease life’s aches and pains. The treatment is paired with essential oils and a crystal, which is specifically chosen to enhance the energy of each individual. The offering has an optional reading with an expert astrologer who blends birth charts and cosmic forces into personal revelations for each individual.
The spa offers cosmic experiences by way of a mud and crystal bar, an onsite astrologist, blending birth charts and cosmic forces into personal revelations. For finishing touches, the spa offers a full array of blowouts, manicures, and pedicures.
In addition, resort guests seeking to continue the relaxation post-treatment can head to the new adults-only Saguaro Pool where private cabanas await along with refreshing beverages and bites at the Saguaro Bar or opt for a private, air-conditioned cabana at the newly renovated Paradise Pool. Day guests of Tierra Luna Spa can also access the Catalina Pool post-treatment.
For more information, visit arizonabiltmore.com.
For more wellness-focused travel inspiration, click here and for wellness-inspired vacations from the Wellness Tourism Association.