Advisors, don’t miss this FAM trip to Puglia with FamTrips.com and Journeys Connect. This 8-day journey scheduled for March 21-28, 2022 will have you exploring this southern region of Italy, which forms the heel of Italy’s boot, and is known for its whitewashed hill towns, centuries-old farmland and Mediterranean coastline.
Lecce, the Florence of the South is the first stop on this FAM and is known as “the city of Barocco” for its unique architecture, while Alberobello is home to the trulli-stone huts with distinctive conical roofs. This region of Italy is also becoming very popular for family-based travel.
On this FAM, you will also enjoy cooking with the Mums of the famous cooking school Cookinpuglia and visit several UNESCO World Cultural sites. Food, wine and music festivals are so very popular throughout every year in Puglia, so you might just catch some of that, too.
Of course no trip to Puglia would be complete without a visit to the seaside village of Polignano a Mare, along with the villages of Otranto, Galatini, Gallipoli, and Martina Franca.
The tour of the Puglia region ends with a visit to Matera where the art, culture, food, and the wines will all be highlighted during this educational FAM program.
This FAM includes:
- English-speaking tour guide during the entire tour
- Luxury motorcoach for all transfers and sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary
- Local English-speaking guides for tours of: Lecce, Otranto, Galatina; Gallipoli, Ostuni, Cisternino, Polignano a Mare, Alberobello, Martina Franca, Locorotondo, and Matera
- Breakfast each morning, except day of arrival
- Two 3-course hotel dinners in Lecce
- Light lunch and wine tasting at la Strada del Vino Wine Bistrot in the old town of the city of Barocco
- Pasta Cooking Class with the team from Cookingpuglia
- One – Lunch in Salento
- One – Olive Oil Tasting in a local Farm
- One – Cheese Tasting Experience
- A traditional farewell lunch in Matera
- Portfolio of electronic travel documents sent in PDF format
- Journeys Connect Educational Seminar
- 24-hour emergency customer service while in Italy
Rates for this FAM are $1,895 per travel advisor and non-industry guests are an added $150. Local city taxes are not included and must be paid directly to hotel on departure. Taxes range from $3 – $6 pp per night.
This tour includes walking tours. To enjoy this tour, participants should be in good health and able to walk reasonable distances, often over unpaved and uneven surfaces.
For more information, visit famtrips.travel/travel-agent-participant-agreement.
For more educational opportunities, don’t miss Recommend’s virtual education programs.