Scenic Group has announced a change to the company’s cancellation policy due to the worldwide concerns over the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The new policy, which takes effect immediately across the company’s portfolio of brands gives all currently booked guests with a departure on or after June 1, 2020, and guests considering a booking after that date, the option to transfer their booking to an alternate departure without penalty, up to 30 days prior to departure.
“At Scenic Group, our philosophy is to show the beauty the world has to offer to our guests in an extraordinary and safe way”, said Scenic Group COO, Rob Voss in a press statement. “Our new policy allows guests more time to make decisions about future travel plans”.
The policy will apply to all brands with the Scenic Group: Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Emerald Cruises, Scenic Eclipse, Evergreen Cruises & Tours and Mayflower Cruises & Tours.
While all itineraries, with the exception of China, are currently operating as scheduled, Scenic will continue to closely monitor the situation and follow the advice of the company’s ground operators, Government travel advisories, World Health Organization (WHO), and Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA).
In addition, measures to avoid a contamination among guests and crew have been implemented across the product portfolio:
- To avoid contamination among staff, crew and guests, Scenic is ensuring compliance with existing and any new CLIA/IATO guidelines on all product – land touring, river and ocean cruising which includes:
- Pre-screening measures in place for embarkation or tour start
- Any guest or Scenic staff (whether crew member or tour leader) traveling from or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Iran and any municipality in Italy subject to lockdown (quarantine) measures by the Italian Government, as designated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, within the previous 14 days, will be denied boarding on any of the ships or participation on any of the tours.
- Increased oversight of hygiene protocol on all ships and all tours as well as in the company’s offices
- Reconfirming the company’s commitment to work with local authorities as per standard health practices
Scenic will continue to provide guests and travel partners with regular information and updates on actions and processes on a global level, to ensure best practices in this situation and to alleviate guests concerns.
Guests are welcome to call their travel agent or the local Scenic office with questions or concerns. The company’s websites will continue to offer updates and any policy changes, so our guests and travel partners are kept updated.
For more information, visit scenicusa.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.