Trafalgar has released its 2020 Europe itineraries featuring 118 trips across 49 countries, including eight new trips, six new destinations and at least one exclusive Trafalgar Be My Guest experience included on over 100 trips. To celebrate the launch of the 2020 European portfolio, Trafalgar is offering an Early Payment Discount of 10 percent off select trips, when booked on or before December 18.
Trafalgar’s new Georgia & Armenia Uncovered and Balkan Adventurer itineraries welcome six new destinations to the brand’s roster including Macedonia, Georgia, Armenia, Serbia and Albania and Montenegro. According to Trafalgar USA president Melissa DaSilva, the expansion of Eastern Europe is an important development not only because the brand has seen growing interest in the “dramatic landscapes and colorful history of the caucuses,” but in the company’s effort to support and encourage tourism in emerging destinations.
“This is a moment where [travel] advisors can play a significant role in responsible tourism—offering clients opportunities that will truly delight their clients while promoting destinations off the overtourism-beaten-path,” said DaSilva. “These lesser-known destinations in Eastern Europe are a best kept secret offering all the things travelers love about Europe, from timeless culture and winding cobblestone streets to incredible cuisine and stunning landscapes.”
Also new for 2020, Trafalgar will include at least one of its signature Be My Guest local immersion experiences that allows passionate local hosts to open up their homes and businesses for Trafalgar’s guests to toast, dine, explore and learn about the places visited straight from the source on every itinerary. “From dining with a count at his 16th century Italian villa, exploring the beautiful French home of one of the widows of JFK and Bobby Kennedy’s former advisors, breaking bread with villagers in the mountains of Turkey or having dinner in the home of one of Ireland’s top celebrity chefs, these experiences allow guests to connect with locals in unexpected and real ways,” said DaSilva.
Trafalgar’s new European itineraries for 2020 include:
- Ireland’s Legendary North, a 10-day trip to discover Northern Ireland’s culture, landscapes and history with visits to the Guinness Storehouse for a tour and tasting, full story of the Titanic at the Titanic Belfast visitor attraction and monument and exploring three centuries of Irish emigration at the Ulster American Folk Par.
- Highlights of Ireland & Scotland, an 11-day trip that includes a guest favorite Be My Guest experience at Glenealy Farmhouse near Dublin hosted by owner and Celebrity chef, Catherine Fulvio.
- Colors of Sicily, a 9-day excursion through Italy’s south is also Trafalgar’s first Sicily only trip.
- Barcelona Explorer, an 8-day itinerary that takes guests from Gaudi to Maradona and Messi, and is timed to correspond with ocean cruising dates so advisors may easily add as a trip extension.
- Riviera Explorer, an 8-day journey where guests get to hang out in the playground of socialites, celebrities and aristocrats along the French Riviera, from Nice to Antibes, with a side trip to Italy in between.
- Balkan Adventure, 14-days including a guided walking tour of the Sarajevo War Tunnel and exclusive Be My Guest opportunity to experience life in rural Osojnik with the Muhoberac family who will prepare a meal on an open fire using only local ingredients and fresh aromatic Mediterranean herbs.
- Pearls of the Adriatic, a 9-day small ship cruise along the Croatian coastline from Dubrovnik to Opatija, that takes guests behind the ancient walls of fortified towns and into a tranquil retreat that has attracted royalty over the centuries
- Georgia & Armenia Uncovered, an 11-day itinerary through these emerging destinations takes guests off the beaten path to explore the Caucus’ dramatic landscapes and discover some of Europe’s best kept secrets.
“Trafalgar is committed to our travel advisor partners, employing our Agents First philosophy to help them unlock Europe’s most incredible and engaging experiences that has led to a 53 percent repeat rate and one of the industry’s highest Feefo ratings,” said DaSilva. Trafalgar was the first travel company to employ third-party Feefo, the verified satisfaction rating system, where it ranks 4.75 out of 5. For complete transparency, Trafalgar will include Feefo ratings on every page of its new 2020 brochure.