USTOA has put the spotlight on new itineraries that lead travelers off-the-beaten-path in 2020 during their yearly Travel Together Month celebration.
“Traveling to the lesser-known corners of the earth supports the growth of emerging destinations while providing a richer and deeper understanding of local cultures and communities,” said Terry Dale, president and CEO of USTOA in press materials. “Our tour operator members have been taking travelers to off-the-beaten-path places for decades and have an exciting array of new programs available in 2020 to explore.”
New for 2020 are:
- Lithuania & Latvia: the Baltics – Cyclists can spin along the Baltic coast, take a private cruise to the Curonian Spit, and join a Lithuanian barbecue with VBT Bicycling Vacations. Departures are available between May and September 2020, starting at $3,095 pp.
- Discover Ethiopia – Perillo’s Learning Journeys takes guests on a city tour of the capital, Addis Ababa, home to museums and open air markets, and on an exploration of Lalibela, a town in the Amhara region known for its distinctive rock-cut churches. Private group departures are available throughout 2020 starting at $3,890 pp.
- Wukalina Walk – Travelers can take a guided, 4-day adventure in Tasmania with Goway through Launceston. Departures are available on Sundays through March 2020, starting at $1,609 pp.
- Coastal Wonders of Norway, the Faroe Islands, and Iceland – Adventurers can visit Norway’s spectacular fjords, discover the Viking heritage in the Faroe Islands, and observe nesting seabirds on Iceland’s Latrabjarg cliffs with Lindblad Expeditions. Departure is June 18, 2020, starting at $17,160 pp.
- Vietnam & Cambodia – Holiday Vacations takes travelers through these two Southeast Asia destinations as they take part in traditional cooking classes, museum visits, and boat cruises. Departures are available in March 2020, starting at $8,299 pp.
- Bolivia & Chile’s Atacama Desert – International Expeditions takes guests through Bolivia’s dramatic landscape and wildlife, and to the turquoise lakes and red plains of the Atacama Desert in Chile. Departure is available May 9, 2020, starting at $10,698 pp.
- UNESCO Banff National Park & The Rocky Mountaineer – Travelers can explore the Canadian Rockies, Banff National Park, and Lake Louise by boat, rail, and a glass-domed car with Seabourn Cruises. Departures are available on select dates between June and September 2020, starting at $5,399 pp.