Designed specifically with little ones in mind, Next-Gen Wellness Workshops have been created at The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown that include a range of classes that aid in flexibility, awareness, coordination and expression
Classes ranging from Mala Making to Capoeira have been specifically curated by Senior Spa Director Tara Cruz to aid in children’s growth and development. “At Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown, it’s important that everyone enjoys a wellness experience, even the smallest guests. It comes from the belief that if we start the next generation on a path of health and wellness when they’re young, it will set them up for success in the future,” says Cruz.
Next-Gen Workshops include:
- Mala Making – It’s never too early to learn the power of positive thoughts. In this class, children will learn about malas and setting good intentions with a dose of balancing breathing techniques and yoga.
- Crystal Class – A crystal healer will introduce little ones to the science of healing energy stones. A collection of nurturing crystals may enhance communication and expression to support learning and development.
- Capoeira Kids – Music, culture and fun! Traditional capoeira movements will be incorporated to improve balance, flexibility and natural rhythm. Class incorporates dance and music emphasising cooperation over competition.
- Future Yogi – Through breath and body movement, future wellness gurus will learn how to build confidence through inner and outer strength. Fun games and child-friendly poses will improve flexibility, coordination and body awareness.
- Mini and Me Fitness – Parent and child classes that focus on dance, healthy habits and core movements that are fun and sure to burn energy.
- Aqua Bebe – Introduce or perfect a child’s technique and confidence in the water. This class includes diving games, learning proper swim styles and lots of splashing to the beat playing under water. Currently only available to in-house guests and members of Club27.
- Mindfulness in the Making – These specific meditation methods will teach children about openness, acceptance and overall kindness to oneself and others. The practice of meditation is known to improve focus, sleep and calmness.
- Blend Baby Blend – Watch little chemists blend organic grade-A aromatherapy oils into their own personal blends, whether it be to boost energy in the morning before school or prepare for a restful slumber at night.
- Dance and Expression – This dance class will allow children the freedom of expression while they engage in learning to move, interact with others and grow in confidence. The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown offers Next-Gen Wellness Workshops complimentary to children, accompanied by an adult, who purchase a service of 50+ minutes or more. The service must be redeemed on Wednesdays between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Parents are able to join in on the workshops or observe, depending on the offering. Click here for more information and for further insight into wellness travel, click here and here.