This past weekend, PortMiami welcomed Carnival Cruise Line’s newest and largest ship, Carnival Vista. On Sunday the ship kicked off a year-round schedule of 6- and 8-day cruises to the Caribbean. We got a peek at some of the onboard fun, starting with its Havana Bar and those “yummy” Havana Staterooms and Suites.
Other highlights include:
• The Alchemy Bar, a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions or create custom-created cocktails.
• Red Frog Pub & Brewery, the first craft brewery on board a cruise ship in North America. It offers three distinctive craft beers including ThirstyFrog Caribbean Wheat, an unfiltered lager with aromas of bananas and spices.
• Havana Pool, located aft behind the Havana Bar with stunning views and whirlpools.
• IMAX Theater, the only one on any ship, with 187 seats and featuring the latest movies and IMAX documentaries.
• On the Lido deck, guests will find Guy’s Burger Joint, as well as the Blue Iguana Tequila bar and the RedFrog Rum Bar.
• SkyRide has got to be one of the coolest adventures at sea with its hanging recumbent-like bikes that cycle their way around an 800-ft. suspended track with views from 150 ft. above the sea.