Avanti Destinations and VisitBritain have come together to promote the local flavors of Britain with five new customizable food and drink itineraries, a perfect match for the culinary enthusiasts on your list.
The Local Flavors in Great Britain campaign, which runs through March 31, 2018, promotes the diversity of food and drink experiences across the region. In addition, the campaign features new content across multiple platforms to allow travel agents to learn more about the new itineraries, as well as these British destinations. The digital content includes a new interactive microsite avantidestinations.com/visitbritain, as well as a Local Flavors in Great Britain digital guide including videos and photos that highlight these British destinations; agents can use this content as fliers or e-brochures to share with their clients.
The five new multi-region itineraries are focused on Cornwall and Devon, Edinburgh, London, and Yorkshire—the four regional food hubs designated by VisitBritain for having both heritage and undiscovered food and drink experiences. The new itineraries range from 7- to 13-day itineraries, plus four new 4-day options focused on one of the four food hubs, which can be added to any other Avanti Great Britain itinerary or booked on their own.
The new itineraries are intended to be suggested itineraries and are all completely customizable to fit your clients’ preferences for accommodations, length of stay, additional destinations, experiences, and transfers. The itineraries are:
- The 8-day London & York: Bite of England, which includes a Borough Market tour, a Mayfair chocolate tour, and a Historic Pubs of Docklands tour. In York, guests will experience a cheese and tea pairing workshop, a Harrogate walking food tour that stops at a beer and coffee house featuring locally-sourced products, the oldest pub in Harrogate, and a historic “sweet shoppe,” as well as a fish and chips eatery, an artisan ice creamery, and Yorkshire tapas. Rates start at $2,899 pp dbl land-only and includes first-class rail and daily breakfast.
- The 7-day London & York: England in a Glass where guests participate in an afternoon tea lesson, a City of London Gin Distillery tour and tasting and a Meantime Brewery tour and tasting while in London. In York they’ll take part in an afternoon tea tour with scones, cakes and exotic treats, and go on a tour and tasting at two-three breweries in the Yorkshire countryside. Rates start at $2,199 pp dbl including first-class rail and daily breakfast.
- The 4-day Taste of Edinburgh takes guests on a Food Safari walking tour featuring food and drink from vegetarian haggis, scones and unconventional marshmallows to single-malt Scotch and Scottish gin, plus a tour and tasting at Pickering’s Gin Distillery. Rates start at $685 pp.
- The 4-day Taste of Cornwall/Devon features a Catch & Cook fishing experience, a St. Austell Brewery tour and tasting, and a client’s choice of a private driver or a rental car. Rates start at $1,555.
- The 9-day London, York, Edinburgh: Taste of British Classics takes guests on a Borough Market tour and a Historic Pubs of Docklands tour in London. While in York, guests enjoy a cheese and tea pairing workshop; and in Edinburgh they’ll have a tour and tasting at Pickering’s Gin Distillery, a Seafood and Scotch full-day tour to a village on the famous Loch Lomand to sample beechwood-smoked salmon, plus visit Glengoyne Distillery where single-malt is made. Rates start at $3,455 pp including first-class rail between cities.
- The 13-day London, Cornwall, Cotswolds, York, Edinburgh: Great Flavors of Great Britain offers guests private transfers from London to Cornwall to Cotswolds to York, as well as first-class rail between York and Edinburgh. On this itinerary guests will go on a Mayfair Chocolate tour, a Borough Market tour, enjoy tastings at Bombay Sapphire Gin Distillery, go on a Catch & Cook fishing trip, and go on private tours of Glastonbury Abbey and Robin Hood’s Nottingham, plus take part in a cheese and tea pairing workshop, and a private Yorkshire breweries tour, an Edinburgh Food Safari walking tour, and a Seafood & Scotch full-tac tour to Lock Lomond. Rates start at $7,699 pp.
But that’s not all—Avanti is offering travel agents a bonus commission of $50 for each booking of $2,000 or more anywhere in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland made through March 31, 2018 with travel before Dec. 15, 2018. For more information, visit avantidestinations.com.