If you haven’t heard yet, Crystal Cruises launched a new podcast series titled Crystal Storytellers, becoming the first cruise line to offer an enrichment series to audiences beyond its ships. These podcasts are a good way for you to familiarize yourself with a little bit about what your clients will experience through the Visions Lecture Series, and help you sell that aspect to those travelers who seek more educational experiences. And, in addition, it can help get your clients excited about what they can expect on a future voyage.
The weekly chats will feature individuals and experts in entertainment, travel, politics, adventure and more as it builds on Crystal’s Crystal Visions Lecture Series featured aboard Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, bringing these enriching presentations to listeners around the world. The first episode from the inaugural season featuring Kathy Reichs, novelist and television producer of the hit series “Bones,” is currently available on the Crystal Insider blog as well as on all major listening platforms including Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Pandora, Stitcher, Castbox, TuneIn (available through the Alexa app), Overcast, and Pocket Cast.
Each episode of Crystal Storytellers features an expert guest speaker from a 2019 Crystal voyage in conversation with the ship’s cruise director, as they chat about their respective areas of expertise, as well as highlights of their Crystal voyage, and anecdotes about their careers and personal interests. These exclusive interviews vary in topic and perspective depending on the guest and are designed to capture the uniquely informative and engaging style presented aboard Crystal ships, and leave listeners educated and entertained.
“Crystal’s comprehensive onboard enrichment program has long drawn praise from travelers around the world. The Storytellers podcast is a wonderful opportunity to bring the intriguing dialogue and perspectives presented on board to guests wherever they are in the world,” said Keith Cox, Crystal’s v.p. of entertainment. “The podcast delivers innovative entertainment and education for listeners to further expand their interests, passions and general knowledge of the world.”
Every week listeners can expect to hear a new conversational interview recorded aboard Crystal ships as they explore some of the world’s most remarkable destinations.
Featured in season one, guest speakers on Crystal Storytellers include:
- Kathy Reichs: Novelist and television producer of the hit series, “Bones;”
- Bruce McGill: American actor known for his roles in both film and television including “National Lampoon’s Animal House;”
- General Anthony Zinni: Retired United States Marine Corps Four Star General, former Commander-in-Chief for the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) and former special envoy to Israel and the Palestinian Authority;
- Melissa Manchester: Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter and actress;
- Michelle Lee: Performer, philanthropist, award winning actress, singer, director and producer;
- Scott Kelly: Former military fighter and test pilot, engineer, retired astronaut, former commander of the International Space Station and retired U.S. Navy captain;
- Ken Walsh: Notable journalist, author and historian;
- Sir Michael Burton: Former member of the British Diplomatic Service;
- Leslie Morgan Steiner: New York Times best-selling author, columnist for The Washington Post, and renowned speaker on work/family balance;
- Kevin McCollum: Tony Award-winning theater producer and partner to Crystal Cruise’s Crystal on Broadway programming;
- Rob Caskie: Legendary storyteller specializing in South African history and early Arctic and Antarctic exploration.
New episodes of the podcast are available every Tuesday now through Jan. 28, 2020.
For more information, visit crystalcruises.com.