Carnival Cruise Line just announced that it will debut a version of the TV game show, “Family Feud,” as part of the line’s entertainment lineup and new premium suite offerings aboard the Mardi Gras when it enters service in 2020.
“As we continue to announce details on Mardi Gras, guests will see that this ship is going to have more choices to stay and more choices to play,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, in press materials.
Fun for the Family
Family Feud Live aboard Mardi Gras, in partnership with Fremantle, will feature the same format and signature set as the TV show as two 5-person teams battle it out in rounds including Face Off and Fast Money for a chance to win prizes.
“As we continue to build Mardi Gras’ diverse entertainment lineup, we are excited about offering this iconic game show onboard and involving our guests in a great new way to Choose Fun,” said Duffy, in press materials.
The onboard version of Family Feud will be hosted by the ship’s cruise director; and several variations of the show will be played and designed to be both family-friendly and adult-oriented. This will be one of the many all-ages entertainment offerings aboard Mardi Gras.
Premium Suites & New Loft 19
Also today, the line unveiled more information on the various accommodation choices guests will have aboard the Mardi Gras, which will offer more than 180 suites across 11 styles, including a new premium category—Carnival Excel with select amenities and access to a new resort-style, open-air enclave, Loft 19.
“All of our accommodations have been designed to exceed our guests’ expectations, and the suite offerings will kick that up a notch or two for those who want an extra special Choose Fun vacation,” added Duffy in press materials.
The new premium level Carnival Excel Suites features 32 suites in four categories:
- Carnival Excel Presidential Suite – Two Presidential Suites—the largest in the fleet—located on Deck 17 featuring spacious living, dining and sleeping areas along with the fleet’s most expansive balconies with vast sea views, large sunbed and lounging areas, as well as a private outdoor hot tub and shower. These suites also include access to the spa’s thermal suite and the Havana pool area.
- Carnival Excel Aft Suite – 12 suites overlooking Summer Landing and featuring separate living rooms and bedrooms with large wraparound balconies offering ocean views, as well as a private outdoor hot tub, and areas for al fresco dining and relaxing.
- Carnival Excel Corner Suite – 12 suites on the port and starboard sides of the ship featuring separate sleeping and lounging areas, a wet bar and wraparound balconies with lounging and dining areas.
- Carnival Excel Suite – Six suites on Decks 10, 11 and 12 with sleeping, dining and relaxing areas. The balconies include loungers and a dining area.
In addition, all suites will include an amenities package that includes priority boarding and debarkation, priority main dining room seating, plush bathrobes, and bottled water upon arrival. Guest staying in one of the 32 Carnival Excel Suites will enjoy the standard suite amenities plus unlimited access to Loft 19, a dedicated concierge phone line, guaranteed specialty dining times (with the exception of Bonsai Teppanyaki and the Chef’s Table), complimentary bottomless bubbles soda package, room service, and laundry, sparkling wine and fresh fruit basket upon arrival, and upgraded bathroom amenities.
In addition to the Carnival Excel class suites, Mardi Gras will also feature:
- Ocean Suites – offering separate sleeping and lounging areas with ergonomically-friendly design.
- Tropics-inspired Havana Suites – featuring private patios with a swing chair and direct access to The Lanai.
- Extra-roomy Family Harbor Suites – featuring nautical decor, large-scale windows and toddler benches.
- Cloud 9 Spa Suites – including special spa privileges such as two fitness classes, access to the ship’s Thermal Suite and a scrub kit.
The New Loft 19, located on the ship’s highest deck, is a new concept for the line. This secluded retreat is modeled after some of the world’s finest resorts with full bar service, a private pool surrounded by loungers and spacious cabanas, available for rent. Cabanas are fully stocked with beverages, plus robes, and chilled towels, as well as fresh fruit, lunch delivery service, and a dedicated concierge service. Carnival Excel suite guests will receive priority when reserving Loft 19 cabanas.
For more information, visit carnival.com. Don’t miss Carnival’s advisor launch parties.