Major hotel chains are now requiring face masks. This mandate is part of the Safe Stay Guest Checklist released by the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA), an industry-wide, enhanced set of health and safety protocols designed to provide a safe and clean environment for all hotel guests and employees.
The Safe Stay Guest Checklist includes:
- Require face coverings in all indoor public spaces and practice social distancing in all common areas.
- Choose contactless options, where available, including online reservations, check-ins, and payments.
- Consider daily room cleaning, only if necessary. Ask the hotel about your options.
- Request contactless room service delivery.
- Refrain from traveling if you have, or recently had, any symptoms of COVID-19 or contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
“The top priority for the hotel industry is the health and safety of guests and employees. Utilizing these best practices, including requiring face coverings and practicing social distancing in public spaces, will create an even safer environment for all our guests and employees,” said Chip Rogers, president and CEO of AHLA, in a statement. “As an industry, we want every guest to experience a clean and safe hotel, no matter where they stay. We applaud governors who have standardized the use of face coverings in all indoor public spaces, and we urge all lawmakers to help make this a national standard by implementing this requirement in their states. These preventative measures make it safer and easier for Americans to travel while also supporting hotel and tourism employees.”