Sun Princess, Princess Cruises’ largest ship ever, will make her U.S. debut in October 2024 sailing 7- and 14-day Caribbean itineraries out of Port Everglades.
The ship is the first in the line’s new Sphere class, and will homeport at Port Everglades for the winter, following a season of Mediterranean and Europe cruises when she launches in February 2024.
Highlights of Sun Princess’ Caribbean season, on sale April 19, 2023, include:
- 5-day Caribbean Getaway kicks off the Caribbean season with visits to Amber Cove and Grand Turk
- 7-day Eastern Caribbean with St. Thomas including a late night in San Juan and a visit to the cruise line’s private island resort Princess Cays
- 7-day Eastern Caribbean with Bahamas visiting Amber Cove, Grand Turk and a visit to Princess Cays
- 7-day Western Caribbean with Mexico including stops in Cozumel, Belize City and Roatan
- Combine the 7-day Eastern Caribbean and Western Caribbean for a 14-day Caribbean East/West Adventurer
“We are thrilled about the expansion of the Princess fleet and know that homeporting Sun Princess in Ft. Lauderdale offers a convenient option for guests to explore the most elevated experience ever from the Love Boat,” said John Padgett, Princess Cruises’ president, in a press release statement. “The warmth, pristine beauty, and crystal-clear waters found throughout the Caribbean form an idyllic backdrop for our iconic new ship and create the perfect setting for Princess guests to enjoy the stunning views and playful adventure that are magnified on this beautiful, iconic new ship.”
Sun Princess Offers a Bevy of Highlights
Currently under construction at the Fincantieri shipyard in Italy, the 175,500-ton, 4,300-guest Sun Princess will feature an array of new highlights, including: the most balconies on any Princess ship; The Dome, a transformational entertainment venue inspired by the terraces of Santorini; and the 3-story Horizons Dining Room.
Inaugural 2024 Sun Princess cruises to the Mediterranean and Europe are currently on sale, and Caribbean voyages will go on sale tomorrow, April 19, 2023.
For more information, visit princess.com.