For the first time in the Dominican Republic’s history, a consortium of hotel ownership and management groups, representing more than 75 percent of properties and resorts in Punta Cana, have come together to ensure the expectations of guests are not just met, but exceeded, with regards to safety, security, and service with the Punta Cana Promise.
“We are thrilled about the growth of the consortium, which we believe is a clear signal that the Punta Cana Promise has momentum, is producing positive results, and is perceived by the industry as a solid and propitious initiative. We have indications that other groups in the destination could join in the near future,” explains Encarna Piñero, CEO of Piñero Group and President of Inverotel, and a spokesperson for the Punta Cana Promise. “The Punta Cana Promise is another way for us to maintain the confidence in the Dominican Republic and help travel advisors assure the safety of their clients on the island.”
At the core of the Punta Cana Promise, is a set of policies, safety guidelines, and security measures with an eight-point pledge. The pledge is:
- Our properties are self-contained and provide 24-hour security and medical assistance
- Our food and beverage offerings come only from reputable, trusted vendor partners and are all carefully checked and inspected before being served at any property in accordance with global food safety management standards
- Our employees all undergo rigorous background checks, screening and training
- Our high staff-to-guest ratios ensure that every guest receives the attention, service, and security they expect and deserve
- Our properties not only meet but also exceed tourism and hospitality regulations and guidelines
- Our hotel-affiliated vacation activities and excursions are provided exclusively by reputable partners who are all licensed and insured
- Our properties are each united in the oversight and delivery of the Punta Cana Promise
- Our hotels will provide safety information and phone numbers to all guests upon check in
“We are encouraged by the feedback we are getting. Our participating hotels are working with major tour operators, OTAS and travel agents to engage them in our initiative,” adds Piñero. “One point of the Punta Cana Promise ensures that all hotel-affiliated vacation activities are provided by reputable partners who are all licensed and insured. It’s important for clients to consider this when planning Punta Cana vacation activities. We encourage all travel advisors to review the Promise with clients to answer their questions before booking their next vacation.”
Resorts that are committed to the pledge include AMResorts; Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts; Catalonia Hotels & Resorts; Excellence Resorts; Grand Palladium Hotels & Resorts; Grand Sirenis Hotels & Resorts; H10 Hotels; Iberostar Hotels & Resorts; Majestic Resorts; Meliá Hotels & Resorts; Princess Hotels & Resorts; and RIU Hotels & Resorts.
While the policies outlined in the Punta Cana Promise are not new to the hotels, the creation of the Promise marks the first time these hotels have worked together to create a comprehensive resource in one easy-to-access format. Participating hotels will display the Punta Cana Promise seal on their properties and websites indicating their commitment to the Promise.