Ignite your senses while soothing them at the private island paradise of Milaidhoo Maldives, which will host a 7-day Multi-Sensory Art Retreat designed to reset the mind, body and soul in October 2023. Your guide through this one-of-a-kind experience will be iconic artist Alena Lavdovskaya, who has collaborated with top models, hotels and celebrities, and has been captivating audiences with her exquisite work for two decades.
Designed to take guests on a journey of self-discovery and artistic exploration, the Multi-Sensory Art Retreat at Milaidhoo will focus on all the senses—vision, sound, taste, smell, touch and intuition, with each session of the retreat focusing on a different sensory aspect, allowing participants to unlock their creative potential in unique and unexpected ways.
Milaidhoo Maldives Awakens the Senses
• In the Vision session, Alena will guide participants through some beginning techniques to gain confidence in putting your visions on paper and truly understanding new perspectives, including brainteasers and a beginner’s art class.
• In the Taste session, participants collaborate with the Milaidhoo culinary team, putting their senses to the test by tasting the chefs’ hors d’oeuvres, bonbons, and canapes in the wine cellar…while blindfolded. Afterward, they learn the art of plating before savoring a delectable 4-course meal crafted by Milaidhoo’s culinary team.
• The Smell session offers a rejuvenating aromatherapy meditation session led by the resort’s Serenity Spa and Alena. This aromatic experience explores how different scents can inspire and enhance the creative mindset, challenging participants to capture scents in their artwork. In addition, each guest receives a gift pack of small scent bottles for further experimentation.
• Following a relaxing massage in the Touch session, guests will explore the sense of touch through finger painting techniques, experiencing different textures brought about by paint and learning how to create tactile elements in their artwork.
• Finally, in the Intuition session, guests can reflect on their profound journey and work with Alena to create inventive and unconventional self-portraits. In return, Alena will create small art pieces for each guest, providing her interpretation of their newfound selves.
For more information, visit milaidhoo.com/special-offers/multi-sensory-art-retreat.