Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and though, this year many will be celebrating apart, we have a few ideas to bring you together as you explore the world right from your kitchen or living room. It’s all about virtual interactions this year, and we want to transport those lovers of travel on your list to new worlds as they celebrate from home.
Learn to Cook a New Recipe
- Bring the flavors of Spain home and take a trip around the world from your very own kitchens until we’re ready to visit the stunning country again with Insight Vacations. Learn how to make an exclusive traditional Valencian paella recipe from Chef Llorens Ferris, inspired by the traditions of his grandmother. Chef Llorens opened a cozy restaurant named La Cigrona in the backstreets of Valencia, Spain near the famous Serranos Towers. Here, he teaches the art of cooking deliciously authentic paella and traditional dishes from the region.
- For a sweet treat, foodie friends in Rome host guests in their traditional home and put together a heart-shaped chocolate tortino (oven-baked frittata) recipe inspired by the family’s grandmother. The recipe only uses six ingredients and is easy to recreate at home.
- Families can take part in a cooking demonstration video featuring arroz al horno (baked rice à la grandma Maria), which is another regional delicacy from Valencia—also available with Chef Llorens while Deborah and her daughter, Fiama, who are currently in Rome, have shared a video featuring step-by-step instructions on how to make the tortino.
Taste Regional Wines
- Pick your favorite wines from around the world and use proper technique when tasting them with tips from the experts. These tips come from Robert Bowe who is in charge of selecting the impressive collection of over 600 wines at Red Carnation’s Ashford Castle in Ireland. If the five-star Ashford Castle is on mom’s bucket list, visit Ireland on Insight’s Irish Elegance journey when the time is right and enjoy a day and overnight at this majestic castle where you will be treated to the finest culinary experiences in the world.
Learn a Traditional Dance
- Flamenco offers an ideal outlet to express passion and emotion, which we all probably need during this time at home. To keep this art form alive, the Cristina Heeren Foundation exists to promote, teach and conserve flamenco both in Andalusia and Spain, as well as internationally. Insight’s TreadRight Foundation is providing grants to these local dancers, singers and musicians. You can visit this Seville dance school with Insight Vacations when we’re able to travel again and learn from the masters themselves with a private dance class, before enjoying a remarkable performance. Until then, learn some basic dance moves at home with mom this year to help her stay moving and full of joy.
For flamenco dance tutorials and video demos, please see the Cristina Hereen Instagram page or download a video by following this link: we.tl/t-hNyWahrCNL. A DIY #StayHome video from the school is also available here.
Watch a Travel-Inspired Movie Together
- With Netflix’s new extension, which lets you chat with someone while watching a movie, get mom set up and watch the best movies that transport you around the world. Why not travel to India virtually with the historical romance film, Jodha Akbhar starring two of the most loved Bollywood stars, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan, showcasing the beauty of Rajasthan. Insight’s first ever women’s only journey to India would be a perfect option for a mother-daughter trip in 2021. Enjoy opportunities to give back to local communities and immerse yourself in the world of Ayurvedic wellness on Inspirational India – A Wander Women Journey when we’re able to travel again and until then, dream with mom and work on your travel bucket list.
Plan a Trip for Future Travel When You Can Explore the World Together Again
- The world will eventually be our oyster again and when it is, be ready! Travel through Europe, the ancient civilizations, USA & Canada and more. Insight Vacations’ journeys are full of exclusive experiences getting you up close and personal, deliciously authentic dining, and a Travel Director ready to plan every detail and take care of your needs along the way when they’re able to host you again in comfort and in style. All you’ll have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the ride with mom. Your clients can start dreaming and planning their future trip to explore the world with a selection of journeys here.
For more armchair travel inspiration, check out these virtual voyages.