Princess Cruises has expanded its MedallionClass experience to three additional ships: Royal Princess, Crown Princess and Sky Princess. With this addition, all Princess ships sailing the Caribbean this fall will be MedallionClass ships, and Royal Princess, sailing in Alaska and Mexico, will be the first MedallionClass ship on the West Coast. The Caribbean Princess already offers this amenity and next month the Regal Princess will begin offering it; on the Crown, it will debut in July, and on the Sky in October.
The OceanMedallion, included complimentary, is a wearable device offering leading-edge technology that delivers personalized service through enhanced guest-crew interactions, eliminates friction points and enables interactive entertainment.
- Personalization starts pre-cruise by guests becoming OceanReady while at hom, and once they arrive at the terminal with travel documents (i.e. passports) uploaded to their profile they’ll have a personalized check-in process.
- MedallionNet provides land-like speeds that allow guests to stay connected from anywhere on the ship, including staterooms that are equipped with a WiFi access point. With MedallionNet guests can share vacation experiences with friends and family back home, stream TV shows, movies and sports events, and make voice and video calls.
- Using smart devices, guests have the ability to order drinks using OceanNow and have them delivered directly to them throughout the ship and even in their stateroom.
- Hands-free keyless stateroom entry, with personalized greetings including loyalty level recognition on their door portal.
- Available on guests’ smart devices and portals throughout the ships, OceanCompass leverages the OceanMedallion to enable point-to-point wayfinding throughout the ship. OceanCompass guides guests throughout their journey, providing directional information so they can navigate to their next point of interest, as well as locate and chat with friends and family on board using ShipMates.
- Available now on ship portals and coming soon to smart devices, the interactive JourneyView timeline lets guests scroll through all of the events available on board during their voyage. Functionality will also soon give guests the ability to bookmark and add activities that appeal most to them to their own personalized itinerary.
- A payment feature, MedallionPay.
- With OceanCasino, available on smart devices and select portals, guests can wager real money on games, including slots, poker, bingo, roulette, keno and lottery from anywhere on board.
- On portals located shipwide and using smart devices, PlayOcean offers guests interactive games, a digital scavenger hunt, customizable avatars, and more. PlayOcean also transforms guests’ mobile devices into game controllers for interactive gaming on the Movies Under the Stars screen.
- With OceanView, guests can stream more than 100 hours of award-winning “Ocean Original” travel shows to their smart device anywhere on the ship at no cost.
For more information, visit princess.com.