Hyatt Hotels Corporation is expanding far and wide in the Caribbean and Latin America, recently announcing a development pipeline of more than 20 planned luxury and lifestyle hotels and resort openings through 2024, including the expansion of Hyatt brands into new markets.
“Latin America and the Caribbean are top leisure destinations for global travelers, and we continue to grow Hyatt’s brand presence in this important region to offer unique experiences to high-end travelers in new markets and sought-after destinations,” said Camilo Bolaños, senior vice president of development, Latin America & the Caribbean, Hyatt, in a press statement. “These exciting new hotels and resorts across Hyatt’s portfolio of upscale hotel brands reinforce our commitment to thoughtfully growing in key markets that matter to our guests, World of Hyatt loyalty members and customers.”
- New planned openings in the region include Secrets Tulum Resort & Beach Club (Mexico) and Hyatt Centric San Jose – Escazu (Costa Rica).
- Planned introduction of the first Park Hyatt hotel in Mexico with Park Hyatt Los Cabos and Residences; and the first Andaz hotel in Mexico’s historic capital city: Andaz Mexico City Condesa.
- Expanded brand presence in new markets throughout Mexico include Monterrey with Hyatt Place Monterrey Valle and Hyatt House Monterrey Valle/San Pedro, both expected to open this year, and Thompson Monterrey, slated to open in 2024; and San Miguel de Allende with NUMU, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt.
As a result of the acquisition of Apple Leisure Group, Hyatt’s Latin America and Caribbean region expected growth includes a nearly 20% expansion of Hyatt’s Inclusive Collection expected by the end of 2024 with the debut of new luxury all-inclusive resorts.
These include Secrets Impression Moxché (Mexico), Secrets Impression Isla Mujeres (Mexico), Dreams Cozumel Cape Resort & Spa (Mexico), Dreams Estrella del Mar Mazatlán Golf & Spa Resort (Mexico), Dreams Flora Resort & Spa and Secrets Tides Punta Cana (Dominican Republic), Zoëtry Marigot Bay St. Lucia and Secrets St. Lucia Resort & Spa.
“The Inclusive Collection’s expansion in Latin America and the Caribbean brings one of the world’s largest regional portfolios of luxury all-inclusive resorts to global travelers seeking seamless, world-class experiences,” said Javier Coll, group president of global business development and innovation at Apple Leisure Group, in a press statement. “Whether celebrating life’s big moments, looking for quality family time or an extra measure of romance at a breathtaking destination, the Inclusive Collection’s new and existing properties offer unforgettable experiences for everyone and every stay occasion.”
Of note: Hyatt is offering World of Hyatt members loyalty offers, including Bonus Journeys they can register for through Nov. 15, 2022, to maximize earnings in two ways:
- Double Points: Members can earn double points on qualifying stays of two (2) or more nights at over 1,100 participating Hyatt hotels globally for stays completed between Sept. 15 and Dec. 20, 2022.
- Nights Count Double: Along with Double Points, for the first time, each Tier-Qualifying Night completed on eligible stays at more than 65 participating Inclusive Collection properties in the Americas will count as two nights towards World of Hyatt status instead of one for stays completed between Sept. 15 and Dec. 20, 2022.
For more information, visit hyatt.com.