Excellent Guides Tours & Safaris is offering 7-, 10- and 12-day FAM trips to Tanzania this November. The tour operator has joined forces with Serena Hotels, Four Season Safari Lodge Serengeti, Grand Melia Hotels & Resorts and Bougainvillea Group Collection to give travel advisors a taste of Tanzania.
Itinerary for the 10-day journey within Tanzania includes a transfer from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Ashura—the safari capital of the world—where travelers will stay overnight ahead of the next day’s trip to Arusha National Park for a game drive and walking tour. Then it’s a two-day safari and bush walk at the Tarangire National Park in the Manyara Region to see the 6,000-strong population of elephants, plus leopards, lions and cheetahs that live along the Tarangire River. This is followed by a journey through Lake Manyara National Park where the terrain shifts from grassy floodplains and alkaline lakes to blue volcanic peaks that rise from the Maasai Steppe. There, travelers can see wildebeests, buffalos, zebras and hundreds of species of birds.
Next, it’s on to the Serengeti National Park via Maasai so travelers can visit a traditional Maasai village. Around three days will be spent exploring different parts the Serengeti National Park, which is hands down the world’s most famous wildlife sanctuary with lions, cheetah, elephants as giraffe as well as a million wildebeests and 200,000 zebras that migrate to the southern plains from the northern hills each October and November. Finally, it’s on to the Ngorongoro Crater, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is home to 30,000 animals including the last of Tanzania’s black rhinos, before heading back to Ashura and on to Kilimanjaro International Airport.
The 7-day trip to Tanzania is from Nov. 20-27, 2022, the 10-day trip is from Nov. 17-26, 2022 and the 12-day trip is from Nov. 17-28, 2022. Advisors will need to fill out a request form on the tour operator’s website to receive more information and quotes.
Items included in the quote price include:
- Accommodation and meals as stipulated in the itinerary
- Transportation in a shared chauffeur driven safari vehicle with pop-up roof
- Services of an English-speaking driver-guide, game viewing drives and park entrance fees
- Government taxes and levies
- All meet and greet services
- 24 hour stand-by contact number.
Items not included in the quote price are:
- Local and international flights to Tanzania and taxes
- Visa fees, which are currently $50 per person but subject to change
- Gratuities. Budget $1 per bag for porters, $2 to $4 per person per day for hotel staff and drivers and $10 to $12 per person per day for driver-guides.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Concession fees if new fees are introduced by parks without tour operator’s knowledge
- Personal insurance
- Covid-19 tests where needed
- Flying doctor’s coverage, which is an optional $20 per person for coverage within East Africa for 14 days inclusive of airlift to a Nairobi hospital, where all costs will be payable by the patient
For more information, visit africansafari.excellentguidestz.com.
For more FAM offers, click here.