Delta is taking steps to help customers and employees practice social distancing on the ground and in the air.
The following temporary changes will take place April 13 through May 31:
- Delta will block middle seats in Main Cabin, Delta Comfort+ and Delta Premium Select across all flights.
- The number of customers on each flight will be reduced.
- Automatic, advance Medallion Complimentary Upgrades will be paused. These will now be processed at the gate—still in priority order—to allow gate agents to determine how to best seat customers while considering social distancing and aircraft weight-and-balance restrictions.
Additionally, the following steps are already in place in order to ensure social distancing:
- Streamlining food and beverage service on board all U.S. domestic and international flights to decrease touch points between customers and crew.
- Boarding customers 10 at a time, reminding them to add extra space as they board, and working with customers to find a new seat within their cabin if needed and as space allows.
- Connecting with customers on board after the aircraft reaches 10,000 ft., to help them find a new seat while complying with weight-and-balance restrictions.