Viking announced its new 2023-2024 Viking World Cruise, which will span 138 days, 28 countries and 57 ports, with overnight stays in 11 cities. With the 2021 and 2022 World Cruises selling out in record time—Viking for the first time will offer a choice of two departure dates for this popular extended voyage. Guests may choose to sail on Viking Sky, which will depart on Dec. 20, 2023, from Ft. Lauderdale or on Viking Neptune, which will depart Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 23, 2023; both ships will sail the identical itinerary in parallel.
From Florida, guests on the 2023-2024 Viking World Cruise will journey to Central America, before transiting the Panama Canal and sailing up the West Coast of North America. A shorter 121-day Viking World Journeys itinerary is also available, allowing guests to join in Los Angeles and cross the Pacific Ocean to call in Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, before exploring ports of call in Asia and the Middle East. Finally, the ships will journey through the Mediterranean and conclude the voyage in London.
“We are delighted to once again offer explorers the opportunity to circumnavigate the world in comfort. Our previous World Cruises sold out in a matter of weeks, and we are now seeing more interest in these extended voyages than ever before,” said Torstein Hagen, chairman of Viking, in a press statement. “Like me, our guests are curious people; we view travel as an opportunity to discover, learn and grow. With that Viking spirit of exploration, our seamless World Cruises are possibly the greatest of all adventures.”
2023-2024 Viking World Cruise
Viking’s newest World Cruise itinerary visits dozens of the world’s most iconic cities, alongside lesser-known destinations, in one continuous itinerary. Overnight stays in 11 ports, such as Sydney, Haifa, and Istanbul, and double overnights in Auckland, Bali, Ho Chi Minh, Yangon, and Mumbai allow guests to delve deeper. While on board, Viking offers cultural enrichment through onboard lectures and entertainment –such as the Viking Resident Historian program, which provides guests with a high-level historical and cultural education specific to their journey. Guests will immerse themselves in the world’s rich cultures during included excursions that provide unmatched insight into daily life, as well as Privileged Access visits to cultural institutions.
Highlights of the new 2023-2024 Viking World Cruise itinerary include:
- Kauai (Nawiliwili), Hawaii: Explore the lush vegetation of tropical Kauai, nicknamed Hawaii’s “Garden Island.” Guests can embark on a scenic drive to Wailua, known as the “Land of the Kings,” to admire stunning nature including the 150-foot high ʻOpaekaʻa Falls, visit Nawilliwilli’s Old Town and enjoy a walk along the beach, or peruse the shops of nearby Anchor Cove.
- Sydney, Australia: Experience Sydney’s magnificent harbor and enjoy an overnight stay allowing ample time to explore this culture-rich city, from its world-class opera house to the natural wonders of the nearby Blue Mountains.
- Singapore, Singapore: Witness the remarkable cultural diversity of Singapore during an overnight stay. Take a tour of the city’s eclectic neighborhoods, from Little India to Arab Street, visit the futuristic horticultural park showcasing more than one million plants, or enjoy a Night Safari at the world’s first nocturnal wildlife park.
- Mumbai, India: While in port in the bustling metropolis of Mumbai for two nights, guests have more time ashore to learn about the life and legacy of activist Mahatma Gandhi, enjoy the Hanging Gardens, one of the prized few parks found in the city, and explore the diversity of its neighborhoods, from the picturesque narrow streets of Old Mumbai to the colorful markets in the city’s center.
- Istanbul, Turkey: Guests will enjoy ample time to experience this historic city during an overnight stay. Straddled across two continents and the Bosporus Strait, Istanbul offers a wealth of religious sites to explore such as the spectacular Blue Mosque or the legendary Hagia Sophia, and boasts delicious fusion cuisine, combining fresh Mediterranean fare with spices from the Far East and Asia.
- London (Greenwich), England: The journey concludes in the historic Royal Borough of Greenwich, London on the Thames River, allowing easy access to the regal capital’s iconic sights, including the Tower of London, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and St. Paul’s Cathedral. .
Pricing for the 2023-2024 Viking World Cruise starts at $54,995 pp; pricing for the 2024 Viking World Journeys itinerary starts at $49,995 pp, based on double-occupancy. Both of Viking’s new World Cruise itineraries offer up to $50,000 per couple in Viking Value, including Business Class international air, transfers to and from the ship, all shipboard gratuities and service fees, complimentary visa services, the Silver Spirits Beverage Package, and free luggage shipping services for embarkation. Guests who book between now and September 30, 2021 will receive an additional $2,000 pp in shore excursion credit for any optional land programs and $1,000 pp in shipboard credit which can be used toward optional tours, spa services, onboard shops and beverages. Viking Explorer Society members who book the 2023-2024 Viking World Cruise or Viking World Journeys through Sept. 30, 2021 will receive an additional $1,000 in shipboard credit pp.
For more information, visit viking.com.
For more cruise news, click here.