Seabourn has launched a new journey around the globe with its 2024 World Cruise: Extraordinary Horizons, a 145-day voyage aboard Seabourn Sojourn, visiting 72 destinations and ports in 28 countries on five continents, with 20 overnight stays along the way.
Seabourn Sojourn will depart Los Angeles on Jan. 11, 2024 and travel westbound. The ship will visit Hawaii, the islands of the South Pacific, New Zealand, Australia, and a number of destinations in Asia, Arabia, Egypt and the Holy Land, before drawing the World Cruise to a close in Athens, Greece, on June 5, 2024. For guests who cannot sail on the entire 145-day voyage, shorter segments ranging from 22 to 89 days are also available. The 2024 World Cruise will be open for sale on Oct. 13, 2021.
“Our 2024 World Cruise aboard Seabourn Sojourn promises to be an extraordinary journey across the world. Whether guests book the entire 145-day voyage or join us on one of the many available segments, guests can look forward to visiting many of the world’s most prized destinations and have the opportunity to immerse themselves in diverse cultures,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn, in a press statement. “Booking a world cruise with Seabourn for 2024 offers a truly incomparable chance to explore the world on the #1 rated cruise line.”
Seabourn Sojourn will call at a combination of marquee ports, cosmopolitan cities and smaller hidden gems. The voyage will include 20 overnights and the ship will stay late into the evening in 21 ports, offering guests ample time to explore these destinations in depth. Among many notable highlights is the line’s visit to Egypt, which includes an overnight visit scheduled for Safaga (Luxor), as well as a stop at Sharm el-Sheikh.
There are three exclusive world cruise events planned for guests booked on the full 145-day voyage, as well as local shows, regional cuisines, and palate-pleasing wines for all guests to enjoy as they sail around the globe. In addition, the World Cruise will include two of the line’s most popular signature events available to all guests on a complimentary basis: a Caviar in the Surf beach barbecue on the white-sand beach at Ko Kood, Thailand; and Evening at Ephesus at Kusadasi, Turkey, featuring a private classical concert in the ancient ruins under the stars.
A sampling of destination highlights includes:
- Sydney, The Great Barrier Reef and Queensland Coast – Try “sand-tobogganing” on the world’s tallest dune, and marvel at the blue-white beauty of the breathtaking Whitsunday Islands. Two days in Cairns highlight the ship’s exploration of Queensland’s coast with awe-inspiring UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Great Barrier Reef and the primeval rain forests of Daintree National Park. Darwin in the Northern Territory provides two days of World War II history, jumping saltwater crocodiles and a glimpse of Aboriginal culture.
- Marvels of Japan, Korea and China -Discover the sun-swept islands of “Japan’s Caribbean”—Amami ringed with coral reefs and Okinawa’s ancient Shureimon Gate, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take in Kagoshima’s picturesque skyline, dominated by the snowcapped Sakurajima volcano, and contemplate Hiroshima’s Memorial Peace Park. Overnight stays in Busan, South Korea, and Nagasaki, Japan, provide a memorable crescendo to three full days in China’s Yangtze River showplace—Shanghai.
- Southeast Asian Treasures – Zhujiajian’s bridges preserve a medieval Chinese character now hidden in enclaves among Hong Kong’s towering skyscrapers. An overnight stay in Vietnam’s Halong Bay invites guests to absorb its eternal beauty at every hour. Seabourn Sojournsails right up the Saigon River to the heart of fascinating Ho Chi Minh City. Ko Kood’s unspoiled, white sand beach is the ideal setting for the line’s extravagant Caviar in the Surf beach barbecue, with complimentary watersports to make the day at the beach complete.
- Egypt, Petra and the Suez Canal – The two-day visit at Safaga provides guests ample opportunities to explore Luxor’s immense sculptural colonnades and avenues, tour the temples of Luxor and Karnak with its vast Hypostyle Hall of carved lotus columns, and much more. Later, from Aqaba, discover the long-lost Nabatean city of Petra carved into the walls of a natural canyon fortress.
- The Holy Land and Aegean Empires – The 2-day stay at Haifa is filled with UNESCO World Heritage landmarks of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Judea, and Galilee, as well as the Bauhaus White City, colorful markets, and seaside promenades of Tel Aviv. Then trace the roots of European history from Minoan Bronze-age Crete to the marble streets of Ephesus and onward to the symmetry of the Parthenon standing high atop modern Athens.
The line is planning an array of optional shore excursions in more than 25 ports with designated UNESCO World Heritage Sites thanks to its unique official cruise partnership with UNESCO. The 2024 World Cruise will also feature a number of optional, mid-voyage overland excursions where guests will disembark at one port and rejoin the ship at another port, providing them with a more in-depth experience at certain destinations and sites such as the Luxor & the Valley of the Kings in Egypt, outback adventures in Australia, the magnificent Taj Mahal in India, UNESCO World Heritage sites in China and Cambodia, and more.
Guests who book the full 145-day voyage will receive a value-packed menu of complimentary benefits and amenities, including:
- Gala Bon Voyage dinner & overnight hotel stay prior to departure in Los Angeles
- Three exclusive World Cruise events
- Exclusive World Cruise President’s event
- Special World Cruise pillow gifts
Guests who book the full 145-day voyage by May 31, 2023, will receive the above amenities, as well as the following additional benefits:
- Roundtrip Air
- $2,000 Shipboard Credit pp for Oceanview and Veranda Suites
- $3,000 Shipboard Credit pp for Penthouse and Premium Suites
- Private car transfers door-to-door between home and airport
- Personal Valet luggage shipping service between home and ship in Los Angeles and Athens, Greece
- Unlimited laundry, dry cleaning and pressing on board
- Visa package (U.S. and Canadian citizens only)
- 50 percent reduced deposit (US/CAD/AUS markets only)
In addition, the line is offering a 5 percent discount for repeat full World Cruise guests. Guests who book either the full World Cruise or segments and pay in full by May 31, 2023, will receive an additional 3 percent savings off the cruise-only fare. Certain restrictions apply.
For more information, visit seabourn.com.
For more cruise news, click here.