Royal Caribbean marked its comeback in the Big Apple with the New York debut of the Oasis of the Seas, the largest and most innovative cruise ship to sail from the area. Highights on deck include a resort-style pool deck, Portside BBQ, the cruise line’s first barbecue concept; and the tallest slide at sea, the 10-story Ultimate Abyss.
Oasis is now sailing 7-night cruises from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, New Jersey to The Bahamas, where guests can choose from a lineup of thrills and ways to chill at Royal Caribbean’s private island destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay
The Oasis Class ship features entertainment, a variety of restaurants, lounges and bars and nonstop adventure throughout its seven unique neighborhoods, including the Boardwalk and Central Park.
Oasis’ Big Apple debut brings new, adventures to the area, including:
- The Perfect Storm, an action-packed trio of high-speed waterslides
- A reimagined resort-style pool deck with vibrant Caribbean vibes and more ways for all ages to kick back or have fun in casitas, hammocks and in-pool loungers, and at Splashaway Bay kids aqua park or signature poolside bar The Lime & Coconut
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade, complete with 80 big-screen TVs, tabletop games, arcade classics, an Owner’s Box VIP area, bar fare and ice-cold brews
- Hotspots like Spotlight Karaoke, Bionic Bar—where a dynamic duo of robotic bartenders serve up cocktails—and Music Hall, a live music venue with a revolving roster of cover bands and an expansive dance floor
- Adventure Ocean, reimagined into an interactive, personalized and immersive experience for young guests to choose their own adventures across new areas. And Social298, a lounge just for teens, with the latest gaming consoles, music, movies, games and an outdoor deck known as The Patio.
Vacationers are also in for an “islandful” of thrills and ways to chill on Royal Caribbean’s private island destination Perfect Day at CocoCay. Guests can take their pick of riding 13 waterslides at Thrill Waterpark, including the tallest waterslide in North America; going up as high as 450 ft. on helium balloon Up, Up & Away, the highest vantage point in The Bahamas; relaxing on one of the first floating cabanas in The Bahamas; diving into the infinity pool at Coco Beach Club; and more.
Oasis’ first season of cruises from the New York area, departing through October, are now available for bookings.
For more information, visit royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates.
For more cruise news, click here.