Located near the tip of Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula, the all-inclusive, all-suite, adults-only, 235-oceanfront-room Marquis Los Cabos has reopened.
“We are happy to welcome our loyal guests back to soak their feet in the ocean, rest their heads beneath the shade of a palm tree, and gaze serenely upon the horizon of Los Cabos,” said Miguel Torres I, general manager, in a press release statement. “Whether celebrating life’s big milestones or simply cherishing the freedom of traveling again, we are delighted to make each guests’ stay a safe, unique and unforgettable one.”
The Los Cabos Tourism Board has been working alongside the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) to obtain their global safety stamp of approval that recognizes safe travels protocols. The specially designed stamp will allow international travelers to understand which destinations around the world have adopted global standardized health and hygiene protocols, so visitors can experience “Safe Travels.”
During the closure, Marquis Los Cabos created a refreshed resort experience. Updates to the resort experience include:
Cleanliness and Safety
The resort has implemented enhanced hygiene and prevention protocols following the Mexican Federal Commission for the Protection against Sanitary Risk with recommendations from the Ministry of Health at the state and country level.
- All employees will carry their PPE and will ensure that their work equipment such as a camera cart, communication radios, and personal equipment is constantly disinfected and sanitized
- All staff who have contact with or enter a room will undergo a process of disinfecting themselves and their utensils before and after entering the room
Updates to the check-in process and guestrooms include:
- Physical interaction will be reduced during the check-in and exchange of information with attention paid to constantly disinfected and sanitized, such as trunk cars, communication radios, desks, computers, telephones, keys, pens, etc.
- Sanitization and prevention standards such as the use of sanitizing mats, luggage sanitization, temperature taking, use of personal distance sign and use of anti-bacterial gel, will be mandatory for all guests at the entrance of the hotel
Updates to Marquis Los Cabos food and beverage offerings include:
- The tables will have a separation between them and the capacities in the restaurants will be adjusted
- Menus will be available through QR codes, and the tables and utensils will be disinfected before and after each service
Amenities & Programming
The resort’s three pools are open for guests to enjoy with social distancing guidelines in place, as is the full-service spa. To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all guests, the entertainment staff has received extensive training on health and safety protocols, common areas will be disinfected regularly with antibacterial gel available, and equipment is washed before and after each use.
For more information on health and safety protocols, visit marquisloscabos.com.