Wholesale FIT tour operator Avanti Destinations has expanded its offering for advisors’ independent travel clients going to Panama with two new customizable vacations, 10 new hotels and 19 new tours and experiences, as well as one new destination—the province of Veraguas, home to two national parks.
In addition, Avanti has partnered with Visit Panama on three tools designed to educate advisors and their clients on the many options for independent travel throughout Panama— a new downloadable, shareable e-brochure, a special microsite and a webinar scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 26, 2023 at 1pm eastern/10am Pacific.
As part of the joint educational campaign on independent travel to Panama, travel advisors can earn one $25 gift card for each FIT booking made by Dec. 31, 2023 for a minimum of three nights in Panama with a minimum land value of $2,500.
“Panama is easily accessible for U.S. travelers with convenient air connections and stopover programs,” said Paul Barry, CEO of Avanti Destinations in a media announcement. “While Spanish is the official language, most Panamanians speak English, and the U.S. dollar is the main currency.”
“Panama is so much more than just the Canal,” Barry noted. “Because of our year-round mild climate and the many intriguing off-the-beaten-path places that we offer, travelers can choose from a wide range of activities, including hiking, surfing, snorkeling, cycling, wildlife-spotting, learning about indigenous traditions, and gastronomic experiences, all featured in our new products. We are pleased to partner with Visit Panama on this educational campaign, which we believe will inspire excitement about the destination.:
New Tours and Destinations in Panama
Among Avanti’s destinations in Panama are the following:
- Panama City, flanking the canal, with a colorful historic district, and home to the world’s first biodiversity museum, designed by Frank Gehry.
- Boquete, a small town in the cool Chiriqui Highlands, a region of mountains, waterfalls, hot springs, cloud forests, coffee plantations, and the Barú Volcano National Park.
- The Bocas del Toro archipelago, encircled by coral reefs, dolphins, white sand beaches, and crystal clear emerald waters.
- Boca Chica, on the Pacific Coast, near Chiriqui National Park, eco-resorts, private islands, with abundant opportunities for snorkeling, fishing and whale-watching.
- Veraguas, Avanti’s newest Panama destination, known for its vast wilderness areas and two national parks—one with mountains in the north, the other in the south, a protected UNESCO World Heritage area rich in marine wildlife, consisting of dozens of tropical islands, including Coiba.
Avanti sells custom-crafted independent travel vacations exclusively through travel advisors, not directly to consumers, and recently revamped its advisor portal. For more information, visit book.avantidestinations.com.