If you’ve been selling river cruises for a long time, you probably routinely book your Baby Boomer clientele, but think again. Adventures by Disney (ABD) has been putting together magical river cruise itineraries for families for a few years now and they know what they’re doing. I can vouch for this because I’ve personally had the opportunity to experience a sailing on the Danube with Adventures by Disney, and I can tell you that it’s truly an adventure your family clients won’t soon forget.
So, start looking now at the company’s 2024 river cruise itineraries, whose bookings open Jan. 20. For 2024, Adventures by Disney is adding in the new Danube River Cruise: Magical Holidays sailing, marking the first time the guided group travel company will offer a themed river cruise voyage during the New Year’s holiday.
ABD will be sailing on three of Europe’s most iconic rivers—Danube, Rhine and Seine—in 2024, with 22 river cruise departures planned. Each itinerary will offer a team of Disney-trained Adventure Guides (take it from me, they’re top-notch).
Itineraries are designed for everyone in the family, with adventures running the gamut. Imagine your clients:
- Dashing through the Black Forest on an Alpine toboggan ride (Rhine River Cruise).
- Admiring the Notre-Dame Cathedral and imagining life nearly 900 years ago when its construction first began (Seine River Cruise).
- Exploring the historic Schonbrunn Palace and its immaculate terrace garden named The Orangery (Danube River Cruise).
- Marveling marveling at picturesque castles along the Rhine Gorge (Rhine River Cruise).
- Gazing at the nighttime skyline view of the Eiffel Tower in the City of Light (Seine River Cruise).
- Twirling on a hilltop and visiting the Mirabell Gardens (Danube River Cruise).
- Honoring history by visiting the Normandy beaches, including Omaha Beach, the American cemetery and Les Braves Memorial (Seine River Cruise).
Additionally, clients can hop on two wheels to explore the landscape—pedaling through the provincial towns in France, touring the quaint town of Rudesheim, Germany and surrounding wine country, or biking to the Klosterneuburg Abbey or along the Danube River in Vienna.
Adventures by Disney Sailings Incorporate an Array of Fun Activities
Included on each sailing are hands-on culinary activities such as a traditional apple strudel tasting that transforms into a cooking demonstration and baking lesson in Vienna; chocolate sampling that becomes a create-your-own chocolate bar activity at the Chocolate Museum in Cologne, Germany; and becoming a baking expert in Strasbourg, France while making macaron cookies.
As you know, Adventures by Disney partners with one of the leaders in the river cruise space, AmaWaterways, and that means the ships are luxurious and the service as well as the cuisine is top-notch. Of course, special just-the-kids activities are on the roster as well.