Last week, Saint Lucia welcomed the first commercial flight into Hewanorra International Airport (UVF)—American Airlines flight 2295 from Miami International Airport (MIA), landed at 2:05 p.m. AST on July 9.
This was the first flight to arrive since the destination reopened its borders on June 4, 2020 due to COVID-19. The island is scheduled to welcome Delta from Atlanta and JetBlue from JFK in the coming weeks.
Per COVID-19 protocols, upon arrival all visitors passed through a nurse’s station for screening before advancing to customs and immigration. After picking up their luggage, arriving passengers proceeded to the exterior of the terminal, where COVID-19-certified taxis provided transportation to certified hotels.
Let your clients know: Saint Lucia will award a holiday prize to one lucky passenger from each air carrier’s first arriving flight. The trip will include a complimentary airfare for two and accommodations at Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa, Marigot Bay Resort and Marina, Stonefield Villa Resort, Sugar Beach – A Viceroy Resort or Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, redeemable in 2021.
The strategic, phased approach to reopening Saint Lucia’s tourism sector includes comprehensive safety and wellness protocols developed by government and tourism officials. A COVID-19 Task Force continuously monitors local and global health updates, assessing protocol options to mitigate the possible spread of COVID-19 for visitors and Saint Lucian communities.
What Your Clients Need to Know
Before They Go:
• Book your stay in COVID-19 certified accommodation (scroll down for the most up-to-date list of certified hotels)
• Complete the online Pre-Arrival Registration Form
• Take a COVID-19 test within 7 days of travel and travel with proof of a negative result
• Follow all protocols of the departure airport and the airline
Arrival in Saint Lucia:
• Don’t forget to wear a mask at all times in the airport
• Practice social distancing and regular hand hygiene (regularly wash your hands for 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not convenient)
• Follow the instructions of airport staff
• All arriving passengers will be screened at the airport
• Have your negative test result and your travel documents to hand
• If you show symptoms as a result of your screen you will be moved into isolation for a PCR test. The test will be at your own cost (US$100) and you will be required to remain in quarantine until the result of the test is available
• If the result of your PCR test is positive you will be transferred from quarantine to a treatment facility where you will be required to remain until you have a test with a negative result
• If your screening is negative, you may proceed to immigration—remember to observe social distancing
• Collect luggage and clear customs—remember to observe social distancing
• Proceed to ground transportation for your transfer with a COVID-19 certified transportation provider
The properties listed below have been certified. This list will be updated regularly as additional properties receive their certification (click here — scroll down on that page and under FAQ, you’ll find “Which hotels are open?”):
• Sandals Grande St Lucian
• Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
• Stonefield Villa Resort
• Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa
• Jade Mountain
• Anse Chastanet
For more information about Saint Lucia’s COVID-19 response, all protocols and details of requirements prior to entry, visit stlucia.org/covid-19.