The Morgan Resort & Spa recently opened in St. Maarten.
The new five-star luxury boutique hotel is minutes away from Maho Beach, Sunset Beach Bar and the Princess Juliana Airport, where guests can watch large and small aircraft glide into the runway at heights so low they can practically touch them. Guests will also appreciate the close proximity of The Morgan Resort & Spa to Maho Village, which offers watersports, recreational activities, casino gaming, upscale shopping, dining and entertainment.
“We are thrilled to introduce St. Maarten’s newest luxury boutique hotel and welcome guests as they enjoy a summer vacation like no other,” said Stewart Weiner, COO of The Morgan Resort & Spa, in a press statement. “Watching the property come together over the past few years, I find myself more excited every day for the amazing experiences our guests will enjoy, whether they are visiting for business or pleasure.”
The 124 guestrooms and suites feature private exterior entrances and balconies or terraces, and are furnished with modern furniture and nautically inspired accents and artwork. Guests will enjoy bright, airy rooms with pillow top bedding, luxury spa-style bathrooms with glass walk-in showers, intuitive technology including 55-inch flat-screen televisions, iHome docking stations and free WiFi.
Other amenities include:
- The intimate Salt Restaurant + Bar, helmed by executive chef David Seeman and consultant chef, Afro Caribbean cuisine expert and renowned “Top Chef” competitor Ron Duprat. Guests will be treated to French Caribbean cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with bold flavors, healthy dishes and seafood fresh from the Caribbean waters. Expertly crafted cocktails and a selection of rum flights complement the dining experience.
- A beach-style infinity-edge pool overlooking the Caribbean Sea, featuring a waterfall, slide, grotto cave, underwater music system and the Bar M Pool Bar, plus a swim-up bar with a blackjack table. Private poolside cabanas are conveniently located nearby.
- A Rooftop Observation Deck offering 360-degree unobstructed views of the jets landing at Princess Juliana Airport for unparalleled plane-spotting opportunities.
- Four distinctive indoor and outdoor wedding and event venues including an outdoor banquet tent with a gazebo on the Great Lawn, poolside at The Patio, and the Rooftop Observation Deck.
- A 24-hour state-of-the-art HITT (High-Intensity Interval Training) fitness center.
- A full-service salon and spa featuring a hair and nail salon, wet and dry sauna and treatment rooms for massages and other services (scheduled to open Fall 2021).
- A variety of on-site activities and special events for guests of all ages, including water aerobics, morning yoga, volleyball, bocce, badminton, croquet, cooking classes, happy hour specials, wine and rum tastings, Sunday brunch, Caribbean BBQ nights, live bands and DJs, and more.
“It has been a challenging year for the tourism industry with the Covid-19 pandemic impacting all hotels worldwide,” said Ray Sidhom, chairman, The Morgan Resort & Spa, in a press statement. “We are confident that travelers will return to St. Maarten and are thrilled to offer them a premium five-star accommodation and experience.”
COVID-19 safety protocols and procedures are enforced throughout The Morgan Resort & Spa, with high operational standards developed according to the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization and local guidelines. To ensure the continued health, safety and security of guests, team members and partners, the resort has implemented the “SAFESEAL – Clean Standard Seal Certification Program” devised by expert medical and occupational safety professionals and endorsed by the St. Maarten Ministry of Public Health, Social Development and Labor and the Ministry of Tourism. More health and safety details can be found here: themorganresort.com/covid-19-health-and-safety.
Nightly rates start at $199 plus taxes and fees.
For more information, visit themorganresort.com.