Royal Caribbean Group is viewing its mobile app as a solution to today’s new crucial health and safety practices, such as physical distancing and minimizing common touchpoints. Remind clients that Royal Caribbean Group’s mobile app, initially created to provide a more seamless vacation, can now be used to eliminate what has typically been considered primary pain points of travel—lines, crowds and paper.
The Royal Caribbean Group app is at the core of the recently introduced Muster 2.0, a reimagined safety drill, and a number of features and capabilities currently within the app are being built on for current times.
Primary mobile app functionalities include:
- Muster 2.0 transforms the safety drill from a process designed for large groups of people into a faster, more personal “one-to-few” approach that guests can complete at their own time.
- Scheduled arrival time—Staggered arrival times for guests help eliminate crowds by managing the ebb-and-flow in parking lots, drop-off areas and terminals to allow for physical distancing from car to stateroom.
- Expedited boarding—By completing check-in with the app, scanning passport information and uploading a ‘selfie’ security photo, guests can generate a mobile boarding pass and qualify for an expedited boarding process. Debuted in 2018, the innovative, digital experience minimizes check-in and security lines at ports, allowing guests to get on board seamlessly and safely in minutes.
- Digital key—Guests can unlock staterooms with their smartphones by downloading a digital key, available in just a few taps for select ships and staterooms.
- Stateroom automation—Using their smartphone, guests have the ability to control elements inside their stateroom, such as the TV, lighting, window shades and temperature, limiting touchpoints while achieving higher levels of stateroom customization.
- Onboard account—Guests can view onboard charges and credits in real time from anywhere on the ship without waiting in line or on hold.
- Daily planning—Onboard activities, entertainment shows, dining and shore excursions are viewable and open for reservations all through the guest mobile app
For more information on Royal Caribbean Group, visit rclcorporate.com.