This article was updated on July 19, 2021.
The Royal Livingstone Hotel by Anantara in Zambia is offering a holistic wellness retreat later this year (the retreat was originally set for Aug. 19-22, 2021, but due to the current situation in South Africa has been postponed to a possible November date). Set along the banks of the Zambezi River, in full view of the spray of the Victoria Falls, guests can expect a retreat that will nourish both mind and body in an outdoor environment, with daily Vinyasa yoga and meditation sessions conducted on the Royal deck overlooking the Zambezi.
The retreat will be conducted by Stuart Kirton of Cape Town’s Yo Yoga Studio. Originally trained and certified in London, he has over 17 years of experience in a variety of styles such as of styles such as Ashtanga, Hot 26, Restorative and Vinyasa yoga.
Set on the banks of the Zambezi River, Anantara Spa will provide an outdoor setting in riverside gazebos, immersed in the surrounding landscapes. Guests will get to enjoy daily spa treatments derived from local wellness traditions with signature experiences including the Zambezi Massage, which uses a traditional technique known as Ukuchina, and the Anantara Signature Massage, which combines Eastern and Western techniques in its movements while a signature oil blend stimulates circulation and relaxes muscles.
While in Victoria Falls, guests can also experience a variety of adventure activities such as a swim in the Devil’s Pool, a uniquely located plunge pool right on the edge of the Falls, where the cascade plummets 350-ft. A helicopter ride can take guests to explore from above as the Zambezi River makes its way through the steep cliffs of the Batoka Gorge and transforms from a gentle and serene river into the rampant Victoria Falls. And, wildlife river safaris on the Zambezi give guests the opportunity to view game and birds.
The Wellness Retreat package is available starting at $1,107.81 pp and includes:
- Three nights luxury accommodation
- Daily wellness breakfast, lunch and dinner
- High tea with vegetarian treats
- Zambezi sunset cruise
- Self-guided walk with direct access to Victoria Falls
- Private live cooking demo and wellness dinner on final evening
- Three 60-minute spa treatments per stay
- Daily meditation sessions
- Daily vinyasa flow sunrise yoga
- Restorative sunset yoga on day of arrival
- Express spa treatment on day of departure
- Evening turndown with chamomile tea and lavender essential oils
- Wellness departure gift
- Additional activities available at a discounted rate, including helicopter and microlight flight experiences