Divi & Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusives has created a new CLEAN CHECK program, to help improve and maintain a healthy and safe return of guests and team members to the resorts once operations resume and the Aruban government reopens its borders.
Effective immediately, the advanced sanitation measures and social distancing standards will be displayed on each resorts’ website and implemented throughout each resorts’ property.
These new protocols and the enhanced CLEAN CHECK program follow the recommendations of the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), alongside the Aruba Ministry of Health’s Gold Seal validation.
“We will continue providing the hospitality experiences we are known for, but in a new and safe manner,” states Alex Nieuwmeyer, managing director of Divi & Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusives, in a statement. “Having consulted with safety experts, governing agencies and our sister properties, our new protocols are based on the latest information and will continue to evolve to ensure the health and safety of our guests and team members.”
The social distancing standards and safety protocols being implemented include:
Employees will greet and thank all guests with a hand on their heart.
Touchless check-in/check-out with contactless payment method.
A doorman will assist guests with hand sanitizer and temperature checks.
Attendants at the resorts’ front desks and concierge desks will ensure six feet of separation between team members whenever possible and will be provided with personal sanitizing equipment.
For additional separation, transparent face shields have been installed on all front office and concierge desks.
Throughout the resorts, including public spaces like the lobby, individual sanitation stations have been installed with CLEAN CHECK guidelines.
The lobby floor check-in area where guests queue is marked with decals to indicate proper distancing.
Prior to guest check-in, a housekeeping attendant wearing personal protective equipment will spray hospital-grade disinfectant on all surfaces and fog the entire unit. After housekeeping has thoroughly cleaned the room, a “Clean & Sealed for Your Protection” seal will be placed on the front door prior to the guest entering the unit for the first time. New safety protocols are in place for handling laundry, daily housekeeping services, bellmen, maintenance.
In addition, a housekeeping health and safety coordinator will be appointed to oversee all new protocol operations including but not limited to:
- Individual Aloe sanitizers are available in each guest room.
- Daily sanitation and cleaning of guest rooms utilizing enhanced CLEAN CHECK guidelines.
- Implementation of a sanitation checklist on critical, high-touch areas in guest rooms, including TV remotes, door handles, etc.
Social Distancing & Public Spaces
When vacationing at the resorts, guests will notice many of the public spaces, including lobby front desks and restaurants and bars, will practice strict social distancing. In those public spaces and high-traffic areas, the resorts are adding around the clock inspections, cleaning surfaces with increased frequency, adding sanitizer stations and going above and beyond normal protocols. Additional enhanced measures include:
- When using resort shuttles, guests will be seated behind drivers and there will be a reduced number of riders allowed on each shuttle.
- Chairs around the pools and on the beach will be spaced further apart, furniture will be reduced to social distancing standards and all fitness centers will reduce guest capacity.
- When using resort elevators, only one couple or family at a time will be permitted.
Restaurants & Bars
At the restaurants, all buffets have been discontinued and replaced with live cooking stations. A la carte dining in open air settings will be available for all dining experiences. Restaurant kitchens will be deep cleaned and sanitized daily, and kitchen staff will be required to use PPE masks and gloves. All employees have received the ServSafe Food Handlers certification and will be required to maintain their ServSafe Food Manager certified training.
An appointed culinary health and safety coordinator will oversee all new protocol operations including but not limited to:
- Sanitation stations with hand sanitizer have been placed at every restaurant entrance.
- Tables, chairs and all tabletop items will be sanitized following and preceding each use.
- All restaurants have adjusted floor plans and operating hours to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
Pool decks, pool/beach chairs and showers will be sanitized daily, and the usage of towel cards has been eliminated. Towels will be left in-room at check-in and can be exchanged daily at the resorts’ towel huts, which will now feature a face shield to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Water sports equipment will be sanitized before and after each use. Additional safety measures for resort activities include:
- The Kids’ Club will operate with a limited capacity to adhere to social distancing guidelines and utilize outdoor space, in addition to installing face shields on the club’s tables to further separate individual children.
- Group fitness and wellness programs, including but not limited to yoga, pool exercise classes and dance clinics, will operate with a limited capacity.
- The onsite fitness center will operate with new hours, from 6:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., with a limited maximum capacity of 30 guests total at the same time and with a reservation system, which guests can find online with the Divi & Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusives app.
- A minimum of one gym attendant will be onsite during the fitness center’s operating hours to sanitize gym equipment before and after each use. All gym attendants will be required to wear disposable gloves.
- A one-hour fitness center usage limit will be implemented for all guests.