AmaWaterways has made the majority of its 2022 deployment open for group and individual bookings—six months ahead of previous season openings. All itineraries in France, Portugal, Holland and those traveling the Rhine and Moselle rivers are open for reservations, with added rewards for guests who book early. By May 20, the remaining 2022 river cruise voyages with pre- and post-cruise land extensions will also be available. While the company would typically open 2022 bookings much later in the year, increased demand for 2022 sailings led to early release of the deployment.
“We are excited to open our 2022 bookings six months earlier than originally anticipated, given the heightened demand from individuals and special interest groups for sailings in 2021 and beyond,” said Rudi Schreiner, president and co-founder of AmaWaterways, in a press release statement. “We’ve seen a strong showing for our new offerings, especially with new ships AmaSiena and AmaLucia joining the fleet, and AmaDahlia launching on the Nile in Egypt in September 2021. As pent-up demand has already started to surface, I anticipate 2022 will emerge as a very strong travel season and look forward to welcoming our guests onboard.”
For all 2021 Europe, Asia and Egypt cruises, guests booking by June 30, 2020, will receive 5 percent cruise savings on balcony staterooms and suites plus up to $1,500 savings per stateroom on select departures. Additionally, guests will have until Sept. 20, 2020 to receive 5 percent Early Booking Reward for all 2022 departures*.
In addition to the early opening of 2022 bookings, AmaWaterways today also cited increased interest around its new offerings for 2021. The line’s 2021/2022 seasons will feature five new itineraries and new pre- and post-cruise land programs in such destinations asLake Como, Italy and the French islet of St. Malo.
- Impressions of the Seine & Parissailing on board AmaDante from Paris to Le Havre (or reverse) will take guests through Northern France, including idyllic towns, beautiful gardens and Normandy’s historic hubs. Highlight pre- or post-cruise: three nights in St. Malo with a visit to the island monastery of Mont St. Michel.
- Essence of Burgundy & Provencesailing on board AmaCello from Chalon-sur-Saone to Arles (or reverse) will visit romantic cities and artistic epicenters, along with experiences such as learning to cook French fare at a culinary school in Valence. Highlight: scenic cruising and wine tasting.
- Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps sailing on board AmaMora and AmaSerena from Amsterdam to Basel (or reverse) will have guests viewing and visiting vineyard-clad hills, charming villages and castles strung like pearls along the banks of the Rhine River. Highlight pre- or post-cruise: three nights in Lake Como, Italy.
- Best of Holland & Belgiumsailing roundtrip from Amsterdam on board AmaSerena on five exclusive departures from May to October. Highlight: Belgium’s special gems, Ghent and Bruges.
- Secrets of Egypt & The Nilesailing on board the new AmaDahlia, this 11-night immersive journey includes four nights in Cairo, seven nights cruising between Luxor to Aswan and offers a host of exclusive experiences, such as a private tour of the tomb of Queen Nefertari and a private lunch at Abdeen Presidential Palace. Highlight post-cruise: extensions to Jordan, Israel and Dubai.
“As godmother of AmaKristina, I am personally thrilled to see her moving over to the Rhone in 2021 on a wonderful cruise between Lyon and Avignon,” said Kristin Karst, executive v.p. and co-founder of AmaWaterways, in a press release statement. “She will be joining AmaCello, who will take on a new itinerary exploring Burgundy and Provence. There is so much to look forward to, and I’m eager to share all the details with our valued travel advisor partners on our upcoming Webinar Wednesday series!
Travel advisors are invited to join the upcoming Webinar Wednesdays session, “Our 2022 River Cruise Season — What’s New and Enhanced,” on Wednesday, May 13, at 10:30 a.m. PST (1:30 p.m. EST). Led by Karst and fellow AmaWaterways’ co-owner Gary Murphy, as well as v.p. of sales Alex Pinelo and v.p. of operations Jon Burrows, the webinar will cover the launch of the company’s 2022 river cruise season and provide tips on how best to sell these destinations to clients. Travel advisors are encouraged to register early by visiting: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/3417219873275367182. For more future bookings, visit #AmazingDaysAhead.