The Orlando World Center Marriott is welcoming travelers back to Orlando with a brand-new look after completing a multimillion-dollar property renovation.
The guestrooms and suites now a muted color palette of blue and grays with warm wood accents including a new hard surface floor in the guestrooms. Most rooms feature a full-size balcony with two chairs and there is an option to upgrade to a view of the main pool, which features a nightly laser show. Other renovation enhancements at this Orlando resort include:
- New furniture, draperies, bed linens, and decor.
- Conversion of all double/double beds to queen/queen to provide more space for families.
- Changeover from bathtubs to walk-in showers in 75 percent of the guestrooms.
- 55-inch Smart TVs in all rooms.
- Hospitality Suites adapted to become 1-bedroom suites with either a king or two queens, two full bathrooms, a dining table, large balcony, and the option to add additional connecting bedrooms.
- Addition of mini-refrigerators to each room; a welcome addition to complement the Central Pantry located on the lobby level of the resort where guests can purchase to-go food and beverage items.
Meanwhile, at the Hawk’s Landing Golf Course three holes were completely rebuilt, including the signature finishing hole #18, which is now a 204-yard, Par 3 island green. These changes are a culmination of a multi-year improvement plan, which included a complete bunker renovation with capillary concrete liners, and a conversion of all putting greens to Diamond Zoysiagrass, which receive rave reviews for speed and consistency.
The redesigned golf course was necessary to make way for the resort’s expansion of the meeting space where they will be adding 60,000 sq. ft. of function space with 24 additional meeting rooms.
The front desk of the hotel was also updated. The lobby features an open atrium-style space with contemporary design. Adjacent to the front desk, the Lobby Bar was refurbished and a sushi bar was added providing the seventh dining option for hotel guests. From the lobby, guests can step out onto the terrace in the late afternoon for a beautiful view of the sun setting over the main pool and enjoy comfortable seating around one of the two fire pits on the lobby bar terrace.
Following the renovations, the resort is debuting special offers that include greater savings for longer stays as well as a new unlimited golf package to commemorate the reopening of the newly redesigned Hawk’s Landing Golf Course.
For more information on the offers, visit marriott.com/hotels/hotel-deals/mcowc-orlando-world-center-marriott.