Last week, the U.S. Department of State sent out a travel alert concerning Europe, stating that there’s continued threat of terrorist attacks throughout Europe. The travel alert, which expires on Nov. 30, 2017, might deter some U.S. travelers from visiting Europe, but according to data released by Virtuoso during last month’s Virtuoso Travel Week—prior to the travel alert—six of the top 10 slots where upscale Americans are heading this fall and holiday season are in Europe.
The most popular fall and holiday travel destinations for U.S. travelers based on future bookings are: 1. Italy; 2. United Kingdom; 3. France; 4. South Africa; 5. Spain; 6. Mexico; 7. Australia; 8. Netherlands; 9. Germany; and 10. China.
Ripped from the digital pages of recommend.com, here are a few tours and hotel stays you’ll want to recommend to your clients based on the aforementioned top-selling destinations.
• Rome’s first Curio Collection by Hilton property has opened. Here’s a sneak peek.
• For a bike tour of the U.K., check out Wilderness Scotland’s new bike tour.
• “Game of Thrones” fans can follow in the footsteps of their favorite characters while touring Spain on Zicasso’s Season 7 Spain Tour: Fire & Blood.
• Rosewood Hotels & Resorts’ first property in China opened last month. Here’s a sneak peek.
• Butterfield & Robinson has a new biking trip in South Africa.