Avanti Destinations launched six new customizable, commissionable pre-/post-cruise suggested extensions in Chile, Morocco, Panama, Thailand, and Turkey.
“Pre- and post-cruise extensions are an ideal way for clients to try independent travel”, said Paul Barry, CEO of Avanti in press materials. “Increasingly, we’re seeing pre-/post-cruise bookings that are seven to 10 days long, not just one or two nights. With us, advisors have a far wider choice of hotels, tours and transfers—including private ones—than those booked directly with cruise lines. Plus, we offer commission on every element of the extension package.
“Naturally, it is easier to book everything with the cruise line, but you will not only earn more money but also deliver a far more satisfying and memorable experience for your client by booking pre- or post- with us, or any other FIT tour operator for that matter.”
Barry pointed out that Avanti pre-/post-cruise extensions can be tailored to save clients time and enrich their vacation by, for example, providing a private transfer with a driver-guide who can point out sights along the way. Reservations can also be made for restaurants and attractions that Avanti’s travel consultants have personally vetted.
In addition to hotels, tours, and transfers, Avanti offers commissionable net airfares that take advantage of stopovers and flights.
All of Avanti’s suggested itineraries are completely customizable. Travel advisors can add hotel nights, destinations, tours and experiences to any suggested pre-post-cruise extension.
The six newest recommended packages are:
- Bangkok Unveiled– 5 days/4 nights. Includes: private guides throughout; private arrival and departure transfers; private tours of Grand Palace, Bangkok by night (on tuk-tuk transport), colorful Damnoen Saduak floating market in Rachaburi Province outside the city, with opportunities for tasting many local delicacies; daily breakfast.
- Santiago History Pre- or Post-Cruise (Chile) – 4 days/3 nights in Santiago, with private transfers; private tours of: the picturesque port city of Valparaiso; the “Garden City” of Vina del Mar; historical sites in Santiago and its Pre-Colombian Art Museum; dinner at a wine restaurant with wine pairing for each course; on the last day, client’s choice of a culinary tour with a market visit or tour of the city’s architecture or historical sites related to Pinochet’s dictatorship; daily breakfast.
- Santiago Wine Lovers Pre- or Post-Cruise (Chile) – 4 days/3 nights in Santiago. Includes: private transfers; full-day private tour of the Casablanca Valley (wine country near the capital) with tastings, Santiago city tour, client’s choice of a tour of wineries in either the Colchagua, Maipo or Aconcagua wine valleys; daily breakfast.
- Highlights of Northern Morocco– 6 days/5 nights in Tangier, the “blue town” of Chefchaouen, and Fez. Includes: private transportation throughout; private tours of Tangier (with opportunity to ride camels), Fez medieval and Jewish heritage (includes entrance to oldest museum of Moroccan traditional arts), Meknes, Moulay Idriss (holiest city in Morocco), Volubilis (Roman city); and daily breakfast.
- Best of Istanbul– 4 days/3 nights, includes: private tours of Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, Topkapi Palace, spice market and cruise on the Bosphorus; roundtrip transfers; daily breakfast.
- Panama City Stopover – 4 days/3 nights in Panama City, including: private arrival and departure transfers; daily breakfast; private tours of: Panama City (with entrance to Panama Canal Museum, Miraflores Locks, town of Balboa and lunch), town of Gamboa, jungle boat tour of Gatun Lake with naturalist guide, hiking tour of Soberania National Park and opportunities for wildlife spotting; daily breakfast. Depending on the canal transit schedule, and a tour of the canal by boat can be substituted for the Gatun Lake/Soberania Park tour.
For more information, visit book.avantidestinations.com.