MSC Cruises is offering over 1,390 shore excursions, which are all available to book for guests sailing this summer season.
The program includes something for every kind of traveler, including families with young children, solo travelers, and those wanting to check off bucket list experiences including options that include extended stays ashore or shorter half-day highlights.
Guests will have the option to explore ashore by themselves in all destinations, subject to the regulations of local authorities. Guests can plan excursions ahead of time and benefit from a discount of up to 20 percent when booking them before departure. Pre-booking not only guarantees a space on the most popular tours, but also guarantees entry to some of the world’s most popular attractions, which may not have walk-up ticket availability.
Guests can also opt for the Explorer Package, which offers a choice of three top excursions and is available pre-cruise and onboard.
“We are dedicated to offering an outstanding range of high-quality shore excursions to guests, so we’re proud to be offering guests the widest range ever this summer,” says Marialuisa Iaccarino, Hhead of shore excursions, MSC Cruises, in a press statement.
“Shore excursions give guests the freedom to make the most of every moment ashore during their holiday—to take in local cultures, taste local flavors, and see local landmarks. Everyone is looking for something that interests them, and this is why it is so important that there’s an excellent variety to choose from, so there’s something perfect for everyone.
Guests can expect quality and value, comfort and convenience, as well as the ultimate peace of mind when they choose to book an excursion with us,” she adds.
Included in the range of MSC Shore Excursions for 2022 are Protectours—first introduced by the line in 2020 and designed to give guests insights into nature and wildlife while preserving their surrounding environment. Almost 70 percent of PROTECTOURS include low-impact transportation—such as walking, cycling or kayaking—and many make a direct contribution to the environment by supporting species or habitat protection.
MSC Cruises will also introduce electric and hybrid transportation in more than 10 European cities this year.
On top of this, the range of MSC Bike Adventours bicycle tours has been extended, with 150 planned this summer season. Now available In 21 countries, more guests than ever before can visit must-see destinations with a low carbon footprint.
Highlights of the Summer 2022 Shore Excursions Tours Program include:
In the Caribbean, MSC Cruises will offer 200+ shore excursions:
- Savor San Juan’s Culinary Delights (Puerto Rico): This tour includes plenty of colorful surprise for all taste buds, including the Chocobar Cortes, a chocolatier created in 1929; artisanal gelato; refreshing cocktails; and a visit to La Casita de Rones, the official bar and distributor of Rums of Puerto Rico. Here, guests will experience a lesson on authentic Puerto Rican rum.
- Kohunlich Mayan Ruins (Costa Maya, Mexico): Situated on the Yucatan Peninsula is the archaeological site of Kohunlich, a terraced city built by the Mayans between A.D. 250 and A.D. 600. Traveling in time, guests will discover a sunken palace, acropolis and other incredible courtyards in this sacred site.
- Protectours—Nassau Eco-nature walking tour (The Bahamas): Guests can explore the beaches and meet the diverse marine life, including stingrays, sharks, dolphins and sea lions found on Blue Lagoon Island.
Over 20 excursions available on the stunning private Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas):
- Shipwreck snorkeling getaway: Guided by professional snorkel instructors, guests can experience colorful and exotic marine life in one of the best snorkel sites in the area.
- Ocean Cay Beach Cabana: For a maximum of six guests, this all-day rental is the ultimate relaxation with the comfort of guests’ very own cabana, perfect for enjoying sunbathing and sea.
- Ocean Cay lighthouse climb: Ascend the island’s iconic lighthouse and take in 360-degree views of the island, nearby cays, Lighthouse Bay and, of course, the cruise ship. Guests will journey up three levels and 165 steps to the top of the lighthouse, reaching the highest point on the cay. Along the way, the guide will share insightful facts and figures on the incredible transformation of Ocean Cay from an industrial site to Bahamian paradise.
Combined West and East Mediterranean shore excursions offer 540+ different experiences:
- Valletta (Malta) Gozo Island by boat and Jeep: Guests will head out on a scenic tour of Sliema’s urbanized coastline, caves and island views of the Blue Lagoon. Explore Gozo’s unspoiled scenery and key landmarks by Jeep including the amazing cliffs at Sanap, the quaint Xlendi Bay, and the saltwater lagoon known as the Inland Sea.
- Messina (Italy)—Mount Etna and Taormina: Guests visit this natural phenomenon and the nearby town of Taormina. Exploring through the town of Zafferana Etnea, they will catch views of the mountain and the sea.
- Monfalcone (Italy) St Mark’s Square, Rialto Bridge & Panoramic cruise: Start with a ride to Venice on a coach before being arriving at the historic center on a panoramic trip by private boat. This tour lets guests explore Venice, including world-famous St. Mark’s square, the bridge of Sighs, views of the Grand Canal, and much more. Free time to explore is planned into the tour to make the most of the experience.
- Massada (Israel) and the Dead Sea: For guests looking for a completely relaxed experience, this tour offers a great day out exploring the historic city of Massada with the unique chance to bathe in the mineral-enriched waters of the Dead Sea.
- Protectours—Olympia’s (Greece) secrets of sustainable living: Learn about sustainable agriculture, natural olive oils and soaps on a charming organic farm near Olympia, ending with a typical family celebration meal.
Across the British Isles, Baltic states, Icelandic and Greenlandic cruises to the intemporal Fjords cruises, Northern Europe will offer 630+ shore excursions including:
- Norwegian waterfalls and dramatic scenery by train (Norway): From the Næroy valley, the tour will stop at the Tvindefossen waterfalls, a twin cascade of two falls, followed by a train ride through a range of stunning natural landscapes. After reaching Myrdal—nearly 3,000 ft. above sea level—guests will continue down the breathtaking Flam valley, travelling on the world famous Flam Line.
- Le Havre—Paris Sightseeing Tour (France): Guests won’t want to miss the opportunity to see some of the major sights of France’s capital city and find out why Paris is known worldwide for its elegance and grandeur.
- Protectours—Helsinki (Finland) Centre design walk and upcycling workshop: Guests walk through Helsinki’s most beautiful sights on a visit to the Design District, where guests can make their own upcycling eco-creations while experiencing the EDEL City, a pioneer in ethical and ecological luxury goods.
For more information, visit msccruisesusa.com.