Austin Adventures has wrapped up the very best of Europe’s holiday magic into a festive (and relaxing) 7-day itinerary through Germany and France’s festive and magical Christmas markets. To top off the experience, the trip ends at the restorative spas of Baden-Baden.
“Christmas is just part of the DNA of this region,” notes Austin Adventures’ founder, Dan Austin. “The passion that they have for this particular holiday, coupled together with their elegant traditions, all set among such historic and revered backdrops will warm the hearts of even the most jaded Scrooge. It’s just delights and wonderment at every turn—and then spa time in Baden-Baden to cap it all off.”
The itinerary’s highlights include:
- Day One—Depart Frankfurt for the medieval city of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, where their fabled night watchman is your guide to a pretzel-making class and their enchanting Christmas market.
- Day Two—Hike the ancient city walls of Rothenburg, then wander its cobbled streets and shop their markets that afternoon.
- Day Three—Explore the Christkindlesmarkt, the world’s oldest Christmas market, in the old city of Nuremberg.
- Day Four—A day of fabulous shopping in Nuremberg capped off by a nice dinner in the town center.
- Day Five—Cross into Strasbourg, France for a morning bike ride through the historic town center on the Grande Île—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—then spend an afternoon at their Christmas market, and a night in the spas of Baden-Baden.
- Day Six—A morning hike in the famed Black Forest will prepare you for visits to the fabulous thermal baths of the spas in the afternoon, followed by an evening in the Christmas market.
- Day Seven—Transfer to Frankfurt for departures (or other additional adventures).