MSC Cruises announced that the MSC Seaside will homeport from Port Canaveral beginning April 16, 2023, with 3- and 4-night cruises to Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve in The Bahamas, and 7-night sailings to Cozumel and Costa Maya in Mexico, Belize, and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve. The MSC Seaside offers unique outdoor spaces and amenities.
“We are excited to welcome the MSC Seaside to Port Canaveral when she arrives next year and very proud of our partnership with MSC Cruises,” said Capt. John Murray, Port Canaveral CEO, in a press statement. “Deploying this beautiful Seaside-class ship, the new flagship in the MSC fleet, speaks of MSC Cruise Lines’ commitment to our Port and a testament to the best-in-class experience we provide for their guests.”
“People cruising from Central Florida want to soak up the sun, and bringing MSC Seaside to Port Canaveral gives them more space relax outdoors while they’re on board,” said Ruben Rodríguez, president of MSC Cruises USA, in a press statement. “The Seaside class of ships is specially designed for Caribbean cruising with features like pools, dining and outdoor decks located lower and close to the sea. Whether they sail now on the beautiful MSC Divina or later, our Port Canaveral guests will be able to explore fantastic places like Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, which is both a stunning tropical island and a reflection of our commitment to the environment.”
MSC Cruises inaugurated year-round service from Port Canaveral in 2021; the MSC Seaside will be the third ship from MSC Cruises to be homeported at Port Canaveral. MSC Divina is spending the summer sailing the Caribbean from Port Canaveral, with MSC Meraviglia taking over in October for the Winter 2022-2023 season.
Some of the MSC Seaside features include:
- The Waterfront Boardwalk offers glass skywalks for spectacular views of the sea, along with a wide variety of restaurants, bars and other places to relax.
- The South Beach Pool at the aft of the ship on deck 7 is a highlight of the ship’s outdoor-focused design—alongside a variety of other pools and hot tubs on board.
- The MSC Yacht Club offers the luxury of a private club while preserving access to all the recreation and entertainment possibilities the rest of the ship offers.
- 2,066 cabins, including options with private hot tubs on balconies and the Royal Suites.
- Forest Aquaventure Park and the MSC Kids Club.
- Seven restaurants and seventeen bars and lounges.
Built in 2017, the 1,060 ft., 153,516 gross-ton Seaside-class cruise ship has a guest capacity for approximately 4,000 passengers double-occupancy.
For more information, visit msccruisesusa.com.
MSC Cruises’ to offer over 140 sailings in 2023.