KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is expanding its network to Austin,Texas. Starting March 28, 2022, KLM will operate a direct service between Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS) and Austin–Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) three times a week on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.This route was originally scheduled to start in May 2020 but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The flight schedule is as follows:
- KL0668 departs Austin at 18:00 hours local time and arrives at Schiphol the next day at 10:25 hours.
- KL0667 departs Schiphol at 12:40 hours and arrives at 16:10 local time in Austin.
“We are excited to expand our service and inaugurate the first scheduled service between Austin and Amsterdam. We look forward to connecting Austin to our global network via Schiphol and providing Europeans direct access to the dynamic city of Austin with its vibrant culture and robust tech industry,” said Eric Caron, s.v.p. and general manager of North America for Air France-KLM.
Austin is KLM’s second destination in Texas after Houston. Flights will be operated by a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner featuring World Business Class flat-beds with direct aisle access, HD entertainment, and on board WiFi. The state-of-the-art aircraft incorporates many innovations to enhance passenger well-being and sustainability including:
- 30 percent larger windows
- Ambient LED mood lighting
- Higher cabin pressure
- Increased humidity
- Double air filtration
- 20 percent lower fuel consumption
- Less noise during take-off and landing compared with similarly sized aircraft
- Less waste during manufacturing
- End-of-life recycling
- Passengers flying from Austin can conveniently connect to over 60 destinations across Europe, Africa, and India via Amsterdam Schiphol. The airport is among Europe’s most popular for transfers due to its single terminal design and multitude of shops and services.
“After originally welcoming KLM to Austin in 2019, AUS is excited to finally launch nonstop service to Amsterdam,” said Jaqueline Yaft, chief executive officer of AUS. “Offering direct service to European cities is a huge priority for AUS and this is a milestone we’ve been eager to meet since May of 2020.”
For more information, visit klm.com.