Fiona dropped damage when she tore through the Caribbean last September, and that included the postponement of the Wellness Tourism Association’s 2nd Annual International Wellness Tourism Conference, slated to be held in the Dominican Republic.
Luckily for the world of wellness, the conference has been rescheduled for November 29th and 30th and will be hosted at the Eden Roc Cap Cana and the Melia Punta Cana Beach Resort. The Farewell Dinner will be sponsored by the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism.
“The two-day event is built around the theme of supporting the continuing growth of wellness tourism, and presenting topics of interest to DMOs, suppliers, travel advisors and other industry stakeholders, as well as those looking to launch or enhance a wellness travel business,” said WTA president/CEO, Anne Dimon, in a press statement. “The intimate conference is a great opportunity for participants to learn, to share their personal knowledge and to network with others in the industry.”
Confirmed speakers and program topics include:
- What consumers are telling us about their wants, needs and demands as travel resumes
- Paradigm Shift in Medicine: The Wellness Resort/Retreat takes on a more important role in “Preventive Medicine,” plus “Aging as a Disease”
- Cannabis is Gaining traction under the umbrella of Health & Wellness
- How DMOs are Enhancing Their Wellness Offerings
- Travel Advisors and Suppliers – Working Better Together
- Building a Marketing Strategy to Reach Wellness-Minded Consumers
- Spiritual Modalities For Mental Health
Both WTA Members and non-members are welcome to attend.
For more information, visit wellnesstourismassociation.org/international-wellness-tourism-conference-2022.