Mexico’s NIZUC Resort & Spa, which shuttered its doors due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will be reopening on June 11, 2020 with new health and sanitation measures in place.
“The safety of our guests and our employees are of the utmost importance to us, and we are confident we can offer a safe environment for both as we reopen the resort next month,” said Jaime Jaramillo, managing director of NIZUC Resort & Spa, in a statement. “We have put in aggressive new protocols that follow official guidelines from the Mexican government at both state and federal levels, and are in accordance with the World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control (CDC) in the U.S., which will allow a sense of ease for anyone walking through our doors.”
Some of the protocols that have been put in place include:
- Daily temperature checks will be required for all employees before they enter the resort each day. There will also be a required temperature check before any suppliers, vendors or guests enter the property. In addition, the exterior of all luggage will be sanitized upon arrival.
- The resort has established a deep cleaning process for all common areas in the resort.
- Only two people, with the exception of families traveling together, will be allowed in the elevators at a time.
- All guest rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each check out. All bed linen and towels will be changed daily and washed in high temperatures.
- All guest rooms now have sanitizers as part of the amenities offered.
- Guests will be advised to practice social distancing by standing at least six feet away from other guests not traveling with them.
- Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed in key guest and employee areas in addition to restaurants, bars, meeting facilities, spa, pool and beaches and the Winiks Kids Club.
- All amenities and facilities such as door handles, switches, phones, remote control, mini bar, etc. will be disinfected throughout the day.
- All gym and spa facilities will be sanitized each time after guest use.
- All golf carts will be constantly disinfected.
- All restaurants and bars have been certified and recognized by the Mexican Ministry of Tourism for maintaining the highest standards for hygiene in food and beverage handling. In addition, all CDC guidelines will be strictly followed.
- Common areas of restaurants will be treated with high quality disinfectant products. The kitchens and utensils will be washed and disinfected thoroughly.
- Seating in all restaurants and bars will be rearranged in accordance with social distancing guidelines as offered by the CDC.
- Contactless suite service will be made available and digital menus will be available on the resort app.
- The resort will conduct frequent cleaning and disinfection of all computer equipment including the business center, front desk, reception, bell desk, elevators, kids club, public bathrooms, ATM, stairs handrails.
- Pool and beach facilities will be organized in accordance with social distancing guidelines and staff ask that chairs and lounges to not be moved in order to keep within the guidelines.
- All watersports equipment will continue to be washed and disinfected after each guest use.
- The Winiks Kids Club will have a capacity-controlled environment and may not be able to accept all kids at any time.
- For private airport transfers, all cars will be disinfected and cleaned thoroughly before and after each service. The driver will apply disinfectant to all luggage prior to loading on the vehicle and will maintain a safe distance and will use a face mask, as well as hand sanitizer. Sanitizers will be available in each vehicle for guests.
- All employees will be required to follow a strict hygiene protocol and will receive training on COVID-19 safety and hygiene protocols. Those with frequent guest interaction will receive a more comprehensive training, including restaurant and bar staff, housekeeping, security and front of house staff.
- Employees will be instructed to stay home if they do not feel well. Any employee showing symptoms of any illness will not be permitted to enter the resort.
- Medical services will be available 24/7.
For a full list of the new health and safety protocols for both NIZUC Resort & Spa and NIZUC Spa by ESPA, click here.
Blue Diamond Resorts is also preparing for guests to return. Read about it here. Palladium Group has also put out new guidelines, click here to read about the changes, and here for the updates on RIU Hotels & Resorts. And, don’t miss the protocols guests will now have to follow when flying