Couples Resorts are ready to welcome international guests. In compliance with the Government of Jamaica’s announcement to reopen borders for international travelers on June 15, Couples Resorts has implemented its Good Clean Fun program focused on enhanced health and safety protocols, and will reopen all four of their resorts on July 1st.
Couples Negril, Couples Tower Isle, Couples Sans Souci and Couples Swept Away have implemented social distancing policies, increased cleaning initiatives, and food hygiene protocols for all food & beverage outlets. More specifically, Couples Resorts’ Good Clean Fun program includes:
- Airport Transfers – Airport shuttles will be cleaned prior to and following each transfer; social distancing will be implemented with reduced passengers on each bus at a maximum of 50 percent capacity.
- Guest & Employee Temperature Screenings – Before entering Couples’ airport shuttles, guests’ temperatures will be taken. Employees’ temperatures will also be taken prior to the start of their shifts.
- Contactless Check In – Guests will be asked to pre-register online before arrival and self-check in at the resort via tablet stand or their mobile device. Welcome packets will be ready in advance for self pick up.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations & High Traffic Areas – Hand sanitizer stations have been added to high-traffic areas and Couples has increased the cleaning frequency of public areas.
- Beach & Pool Areas – Lounge chairs will be spread out in pairs on the resorts’ beach and pool decks to meet social distancing guidelines. Water Sports personnel will wipe them down after each use.
- Staff – Couples Resorts staff have been trained with frequent hand washing, as well as wearing gloves and masks. Back of house areas such as offices, laundry rooms and staff entrances will be deep cleaned daily.
- Dining – Restaurants will be seated at a lower capacities with 6-ft. between tables. All tabletops will be sanitized prior to each use and Couples’ restaurant kitchens will be deep cleaned daily. All buffets and self-serve stations will be replaced with a la carte dining or staff-managed service.
- In-room Cleaning – Guestrooms will be deep cleaned with CDC approved cleaning agents and two masks will be made available in every room. Masks will also be available upon request. Masks will only be necessary in areas where social distancing is not possible.
- Excursions – Couples Resorts will only work with excursion partners that are able to comply with CDC guidelines.
- Onsite Detection Team – There will be an Onsite Detection Team at each property consisting of a physician, the resort general manager, operations manager and director of security, responsible for establishing a procedure to handle any detection of a potential case.
“Couples Resorts will continue to provide excellent customer service and now the reassurance of a healthy safe vacations,” said Abraham Issa, chief operating officer of Couples Resorts in a press statement. “We’re carefully following guidelines set by the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and Jamaica’s Ministry of Tourism to ensure the wellbeing of our guests and staff members.”
For moredetails of the “Good Clean Fun” protocol visit, couples.com/good-clean-fun.
In addition, Couples Resorts is currently offering an airfare credit of up to $500 with their Love Always Wins promotional offer: couples.com/special-offers/love-always-wins.
For more updates on new protocols, visit Recommend’s Safe Travels page. Stories about future travel can be accessed at #AmazingDaysAhead.