Salishan Coastal Lodge, formerly Salishan Resort, has swung open its doors after being temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The property is set on the Oregon Coast, just two hours outside of Portland. Salishan has introduced new health, safety, and cleanliness protocols throughout the property to protect its guests and team members.
Salishan is also welcoming back guests with a variety of flexible offers, including The Coast is Clear, and new Family Getaway Package, which lets guests “buy one room and get one room for free.” The resort is also waiving cancelation fees.
Salishan will also reopen its world-class golf course and Aerial Park adventure course, and other new amenities.
“Our focus has always been on the safety, comfort and welfare of our guests and offering them a memorable experience they will forever treasure,” said David Hall, Salishan general manager, in a statement. “Our enhanced hygiene and sanitation practices will help build upon our already high standards of cleanliness to meet the new challenges and demands for travel that have resulted from COVID-19. We are also introducing new safety measures that will allow for social distancing so that our guests can relax and enjoy their visit with confidence, knowing we’re doing everything we can to protect them while they are here.”
Salishan’s new health, safety and cleaning protocols comply with, and in some cases exceed, guidance and information shared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and local authorities.
When it comes to dining, Salishan has removed seating to ensure at least six feet of physical distancing and has added new outdoor seating areas.
Salishan has introduced new summer room rates, offers and vacation packages to celebrate its reopening that include:
- Coast is Clear Offer With this risk-free offer, guests can enjoy 15 percent off their stay with no charges up front and cancellation fees waived up to three days before their arrival date.
- Family Getaway to the Oregon Coast Package Ideal for families who want more space and the convenience of an unlocked connecting door, this package includes two remote-entry, connected traditional family rooms; $50 eco-adventure lodge credit per night; free bike rides, and a complimentary S’mores kit. The package requires a minimum stay of two nights with room rates starting at $279 and lodge fees waived.
Salishan has reopened many of its amenities for guests to enjoy with new measures in place that include:
- Salishan Spa The spa is open Wednesday through Sunday with advanced reservations required, and will operate under limited conditions. As restrictions are lifted, the lodge, as well as the spa, will modify operations, programs, and activities.
- Salishan Golf Links. The lodge’s world-class golf course will be open to the public Wednesday through Sunday. Only one person will be allowed per golf cart.
- Salishan Aerial Park. The park will be open daily, with reservations required. Guests will be asked to observe physical distancing and wear climbing gloves.
- New Pump Trackcourse for testing guests’ mountain bike skills.
Food and Dining
Salishan’s food and dining options are initially limited to:
- Breakfast: A healthy grab-and-go breakfast menu will be available daily in the Provisions market. Guests can dine outside, in their rooms or take their breakfast on-the-go.
- Lunch and Dinner: The Attic Bar & Lounge offers a healthy, locally-inspired full menu. Guests have the choice of being seated inside or outside or they can order a takeaway.
- Room Service: Food delivery to rooms also is available for guests. The food will arrive in sealed, to-go packaging, giving guests the choice of eating in their rooms or any of the lodge’s designated dining areas.
“After the stress of the past few months, we all appreciate how spending time with nature can greatly improve our well-being,” said Hall. “At Salishan, our guests can find inner peace by exploring the miles of beautiful coastline and majestic woods surrounding our property and by watching and listening to the wonders of nature all around them. They can enjoy the freedom of being able to play a game of golf again or go on a thrilling eco-adventure in the forest canopy. Or they can quietly sit on their private balconies and be at one with nature.”
Salishan will continue to offer guests the use of complimentary bikes and help with planning nature walks and hikes. Leisure and recreational activities, including the lawn, will also be available for guests. Due to current restrictions, Salishan has canceled some activities and programs and temporarily closed certain amenities, including the pool and gym. Once restrictions are lifted, those will reopen following all guidance and health/safety protocols.