Haven Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa will reopen its doors on July 11, 2020. During the reopening, the resort will continue to follow the enhanced safety protocols that were implemented in the Spring to help contain the spread of COVID-19.
Since the beginning of the coronavirus epidemic, Haven’s leadership was committed to protecting the safety of its guests, staff and community—ultimately, making the difficult decision to fully close doors on March 25.
“At Haven Resorts & Spas we pride ourselves on being experience creators, and we were pained to have to postpone or cancel celebratory gatherings like weddings and honeymoons, as well as our guest’s long-awaited and much-deserved vacations,” says Florida Connert, senior director of sales, marketing, and distribution in a press statement. “Since closing our doors we have been eagerly counting down the days until we can get back to helping our guests create unforgettable memories. By working together, we can ensure that our guest’s plans are set back in motion smoothly and quickly. Should you have any questions or needs, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly. We are here for you and happy to help.”
Safety Remains the Top Priority
While the resort is ready to reopen, the safety of its guests, staff and community remains the top priority and it will continue to implement enhanced safety measures. For the foreseeable future, Haven Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa will continue to:
- Have all rooms fully cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis, including: sanitization of all smooth surfaces, touch points, bedding and fabrics.
- Have all the public areas, surfaces and touch points (handrails, elevator buttons, door handles and knobs) sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
- Have hand sanitizer dispensers available throughout the property, both in front and back-of-house locations.
- Enforce social distancing measures and continue to use throughout the resort, as well as floor markers, to remind all at the resort to keep a healthy distance.
- Keep all table set ups and seating arrangements adjusted to meet safe recommended distances, including bar stools, sun chairs, daybeds, etc.
- Implement strict hygiene policies for staff, including the mandatory hand washing and hand sanitizing several times a day, as well as daily health briefings.
- Remind our guests and employees of resources at their disposal, including: on-call doctors, nearby hospitals, local pharmacies that deliver and more.
- Offer guests the opportunity to have rooms cleaned less frequently (every other day, twice per stay, etc.) to reduce the chance for cross-contamination.
- Abide by any new mandatory policies, laws and regulations implemented and suggested by local authorities.