A global celebration of the visual, culinary and performing arts is on its way to Walt Disney World Resort early next year, as the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts is set for Jan. 8 – Feb. 22, 2021.
For your clients who are planning to attend the festival, there is a special offer on stays at Disney Resort hotels in early 2021.
The Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts will feature fun for all ages. It will include more than 15 Food Studios serving culinary art all around World Showcase. Diverse artwork of Disney and other invited artists on display in marketplaces encircling World Showcase Lagoon. Special photo locations will be scattered around the park and there will be a paint-by-number mural that serves as a collaborative art project for all. Artists will be on hand creating magic right before your eyes. Performances by favorite EPCOT musical artists Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors and an artful scavenger hunt as you search for Figment around World Showcase are other highlights.
New health and safety measures are in place at all Walt Disney World Resort theme parks including EPCOT. In addition to limits on attendance and controlled guest density, there are new procedures for park entry, attractions, dining, retail, transportation and more, with the well-being of guests and Disney cast members at the forefront of planning.
With all these changes, the fundamentals of a Disney theme park experience remain the same. Stories will come to life through favorite attractions and beloved characters, as signature Disney creativity and innovation deliver new ways to enjoy these experiences.
To promote physical distancing, capacity is limited and guests with a ticket or Annual Pass must use the new Disney Park Pass system to make a reservation in advance for each park entry.
Once guests log in to their My Disney Experience accounts on Disneyworld.com and link their tickets, they have access to a calendar of available reservation dates for each theme park; multi-day tickets require a park reservation for each day of their tickets. Families and friends can link their tickets together and look to arrange theme park entries at the same time. Park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability.
Health and safety measures in place include:
- Appropriate Face Coverings – All guests 2 years of age and older, along with cast members, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting the theme parks. They must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times, except when eating and drinking while dining.
- Transportation – Capacity and guest density is limited for complimentary Walt Disney World guest transportation, and guests are required to wear appropriate face coverings at all times during their journey.
- Temperature Screenings – All guests will be required to undergo temperature screenings prior to entering a theme park. Based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance. Those who again measure 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party.
- Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures – To maintain appropriate physical distancing, a limited number of guests will be able to visit each theme park each day; limits will also be in place for indoor locations within the parks, such as retail shops and dining locations. Ground markings will help promote proper physical distancing throughout the parks, including attraction queues. Physical barriers will be in place in select locations where maintaining a proper physical distance from others may be difficult.
- Cleanliness – High-traffic areas will receive increased cleaning. Guests will be encouraged to frequently use hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer available in the theme parks.
- Cashless Transactions – Guests are encouraged to use cashless options whenever possible, including MagicBands, debit cards, credit cards, Disney gift cards and mobile payment methods.