When things get back to “normal,” a new luxury hotel amenity will return to select guestrooms – complimentary books. The Bedside Reading program provides guests at participating luxury and lifestyle hotels a selection of complimentary books by the bedside. Available in actual paper format as well as ebooks and audiobooks, offerings range from books from newly discovered authors and independent publishers to bestsellers and major publishers.
Guest suites and rooms in participating hotels are stocked with exclusively curated titles that guests may enjoy and add to their personal libraries or leave for the next traveler. Genres include fiction, non-fiction, business and memoirs among others. New titles are received each month.
During the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, Bedside Reading has created a virtual book club with participating hotel partners that include Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, The Conrad New York Downtown, and The Estates at Acqualina.
The Estates at Acqualina (all Acqualina author discussions take place at 4:00 pm EST)
- April 13, 2020 – Kari Bovee, Grace in the Wings (historical fiction)
- May 4, 2020 – Jo Giese, Never Sit If You Can Dance (perfect for Mother’s Day)
- May 18, 2020 – Ora Nadrich, Live True (spiritual wellness; June is wellness month)
The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
- May 10, 2020 (4 pm EST) – Jo Giese, Never Sit If You Can Dance (perfect for Mother’s Day)
- May 31, 2020 – (3 pm EST) Matt Coyle, Lost Tomorrows
- June 14, 2020 – (4 pm EST) – Seymour Ubell, The Birth Mother
The Estates at Acqualina
- June 1, 2020 – Deke Copenhaver, The Changemaker (leadership)
- June 15, 2020 – MaryBob Straub, Someone Else’s Shoes (memoir)
- June 29, 2020 – Scott Cullather, Challenge Everything (business)
- July 13, 2020 – Jamie Mustard, The Iconist (Leading Branding Expert)
- July 27, 2020 – Kim Sakwa, Never Say Goodbye (fiction, great summer reads)
The Conrad New York Downtown (IGTV presentations by authors)
- April 7, 2020 – Jamie Mustard, The Iconist (Leading Branding Expert)
- April 14, 2020 – Ora Nadrich, Live True (Spiritual Wellness; June is wellness month)
- April 21, 2020 – Scott Cullather, Challenge Everything (Business)
- April 28, 2020 – MaryBob Straub, Someone Else’s Shoes (memoir)